Thread: help i am driving the rest of the staff bonkers

Question help i am driving the rest of the staff bonkers

okay i know that i am driving my fellow nurses crazy at work...first lets start at the begining. i have been a nurse for over 3 yrs but about a year ago a nurse stole 16 lortabs from my cart. i went thur accusations, drug tests, seaches, having my rights read to me at the police dept ( i was there willingly but its proceedure). i had nightmares of losing my licence even though i believed that i did everything right. my coworkers we totally on my side. But one nurse who also was being harassed about the incident was telling what happens if we take the lie detector test and we get nervous and fail. i was so upset i was just sick to my stomach. couldn't eat, couldn't sleep. well the nurse that was telling me all this finally admitted that she took them this was 4 weeks later. she called crying and asking me for forgiveness. i told her i did but wanted to know did i leave my cart unlocked or unattended? she said no you were standing at ur cart and i stole it from the back side while talking to you. so i did nothing wrong. but now i am so paranoid that i never loan my keys to anyone. mind u my keys have office keys on them. i go with my keys. i have had some say i have overreacted. i know there isn't any meds there and they are fellow workers. will this paranoid go away?

Re: help i am driving the rest of the staff bonkers

After such a traumatic experience like that i would not be lending keys either. You have already been burned once, and i would not be trusting after that and that's for sure. Your work colleagues have to understand that that is a serious offense that someone tried to blame you with that you could have been sent to jail for it! You could have lost your career, your liscence, your dignity. They should be understanding of your situation and realised you have learned the wisest lesson of all "COVER YOUR ASS!".

thanks..

L-D-N it looks to me that you learned a very valuable lesson, it is one I have been trying to instill in my wife ever since she started nursing school. You can have friends at work and get along with your co-workers but the first thing you must do befor doing a FAVOR for anyone is refer to the 3 most importent rules of life as a NURSE #1/CYA #2/ Trust no-one #3 If in doupt see rules #1and #2. Someone I thought I could trust above all others was responsible for trying to stick ME with missing NARCS, the most adhorible thing about this situation was that ,this person happened to be my "Clinicle Instructor" at the time of the incident.
    "BECAUSE I SAID SO" IS NOT A GOOD ENOUGH REASON.