Thread: Nursing Overseas

Smile Nursing Overseas

I am in the process of completing my paperwork for my work visa in Perth Western Australia. I worked in Perth back in 1999. If any one here gets the opportunity to work as a RN in Australia you should take it. Australia is a beautiful country. From my perspective people are not so worried about lawsuits. Where I worked nurses actually spent time taking care of patients and not so preoccupied with charting. It was brilliant. I can't wait to get back to Mount Hospital. I have been a nurse for many years and the experience I had as a RN in Australia was bar none the best

Re: Nursing Overseas

wow that sounds great. how do you get the opportunity? sorry to taint the topic with money but how do nurses get paid compared to usa nurses? i found in the usa the lower paying jobs are usually more enjoyable.

Smile Re: Nursing Overseas

Hello, I am looking into travelling overseas within the next year. I am an LPN, working on my degree through Excelsior...and my husband is working over in Iraq currently as a government contractor....we are thinking of travelling together at some point to another country. Just wanting some input on how overseas nursing is. We are used to the military, living and working overseas with them, but that has been 20 years ago or more....so I am sure things have changed since then. Thank you.

I think that is awesome that you will be working in Australia. I have always wanted to visit there. I wanted to work in London for a year or so after I graduated, but then I ended up meeting my husband and getting married before I graduated.

I am very very interested in doing something like this. Ive been overseas before and absolutely loved it and want to travel to someplace like England or Australia. How did you go about actually getting there? I reckon you would have to have lots of experience to be able to go over there.

What company or companies should I contact to be able to get an assignment in Australia?

Smile Re: Nursing Overseas

I am looking into traveling to Australia for work, but don't know which is the better company to go with. I have applications for PHP, health staff recruitment (HSR), and origin healthcare. Do you know anything about these companies?
    Thanks!

Indonurse

Exclamation Re: Nursing Overseas

I am looking for some AGENCY that can help me to proses my Paper after passed the NCLEX and IELTS...