Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Nursing Jobs for Felons

Nursing Board

I was released from my probationary term of the consent agreement in May but have been unable to find a job. On my license record in the computer, the Nursing Board put "with prior discipline" on it and I believe employers are seeing that and are unwilling to give me a chance. I asked about removing it but they said under no condition. I would tell any interviewer about my problems but just cannot get in the door. I can now expunge my record and have the felony removed but not the Nursing Boards comment. Has this happened to anybody else?

Quote Originally Posted by cindylaloca View Post
    I was released from my probationary term of the consent agreement in May but have been unable to find a job. On my license record in the computer, the Nursing Board put "with prior discipline" on it and I believe employers are seeing that and are unwilling to give me a chance. I asked about removing it but they said under no condition. I would tell any interviewer about my problems but just cannot get in the door. I can now expunge my record and have the felony removed but not the Nursing Boards comment. Has this happened to anybody else?
    We are kind of in the same boat. I was convicted of 4 counts of obtaining prescriptions drugs by fraud in 2005. My RN license was revoked in 2006. I have since completed my probation, and in May, by the grace of God, got my license back with no strings attached. I have been looking for a job ever since. I am pretty much begging for a job now...all I need is for someone...one person...to give me a chance, and I can prove myself...I just havent found that one person yet. I have had 3 interviews thus far, but no luck yet. I am waiting to hear from my last interview as we speak. I live in TN, and I know things are different here, but id love for you to keep me posted on how things are going for you...I can do the same if you want me to. I wish you the best of luck, and hopefully both of us can soon find the job that God wants us to have. And if there is anyone reading this in a similiar situation that is from Tennessee, I really would appreciate any advice you have, I need all the help I can get. Thank you very much, Angie

Does your license have the prior discipline comment also? I am positive that before even being called for an interview your license is checked by the prospective employer. They more than likely do not want to waste their time on us and pre-check applications. What bothers me is that we are asking for the felony to be removed, so the court will do that, but the Nursing Board will not. I have spent years doing everything asked of me and the most demeaning was when I had to submit to "observed" urine testing.

Yeah, it does have the discipline comment in it. I am still trying to find a job. it sure sucks..I too had to be watched to pee in a cup. Over, and over and over...I have been being punished for what I did since 2004....my license was revoked in 2006...they didn't even take any action on my license until AFTER I had already learned my lesson. It took forever to get everything done, then go beg for my license back. I thought that was the hard part...I was dead wrong. The hard part is finding a job with all this on my record. I did have an interview this past thursday at a nursing home, and the lady sounded pretty positive...but she is on vacation this week, and Im thinkin if she wanted to hire me, she would have done it before vacation..Im thinkin about going to talk to some of the doctors I used to work with in the past....maybe that will help. it's worth a try.

Congratulations on at least getting an interview, that's better luck than I have had. All I need is for someone to just give me a chance. I darn near begged the Nursing Board to please remove that "prior discipline" comment and they not only refused but informed me it will be on there as long as I have a license. I even contacted a lawyer about petitioning them and I was told that they have not had any success in prior cases. At least they were honest and did not give me false hopes and charge me a lot of money. My felony will be removed from my record, why won't the Board do the same. we are convicted and punished the rest of out lives.

I recently went into enforcement review for non-disclosure of an arrest when i was a minor. can someone tell me what happened and how did it turn out. what happened at the 4-6 month mark? if it took longer, why? what did they ask for? were there any stipulations? pls help im very nervous

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345