****o! I'm planning on returning to work before too long after a few years off from raising kids. I need help deciding if I should return to my previous area of school nursing or to the hospital. I loved working on OB at the hospital and the only reason I left for the school nurse position was the hours (weekends, summers and holidays off, dayturn only) since I was getting ready to have kids. I did school nursing for five years and about the only thing I really liked about it was the schedule. There was less stress but also less pay-you make a teacher's salary when you work for the school system. Even though I was busy I was bored like it just wasn't challenging or stimulating enough. So the decision should be easy to just return to the hospital right?! My husband works all three shifts as well-a month of each and every weekend. I'm not sure how I'm going to handle child care if we both have to work on evenings or weekends. Also since it's been so long since I worked at the hospital I'm afraid I've forgotten some of the things I didn't like which may have contributed to why I left. I know one of the reasons was forced overtime a lot. Am I crazy for wanting to return to the hospital? Is it possible to pick the days you work if you work part-time? Thanks for any advice! ~Missy