Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Recruiters, quote us your top dollar R.N. rates.

Re: Recruiters, quote us your top dollar R.N. rates.

BigDaddy,
    First, I am not a recruiter, but thinking of traveling (right now i just work per diem)...
    Second, where have you seen the jobs posted for $40-50 an hour?
    Third, locally, those rates are for per diem only. Travelling in my area (Cincinnati) is typically defined at the 50 mile mark (by ALL the agencies), and travelers are paid $28-$33 pre-tax, with the kicker being the per diem and mileage (the company i work for pays post tax [tax free] $210 per diem per week and post tax [tax free] $150 milage per week).
    Fourth, I read the IRS publication mentioned before... (correct me if i'm wrong) the IRS defines a traveler as someone requiring sleep while away from tax home in order to perform duties/business related activities. It seems to me that the individual companies get to define the milage range to determine if you are a traveler...
    Fifth, I am not allowed to start a new thread of conversation (d/t my type of enrollment) but has anyone noticed the rates of pay for travelers declining?

Anonymous

July 2002 Danbury CT $35/hr

Oct 2002 Norwalk CT $35/hr

Feb 2003 Carson City/Reno NV $37/hr

March 2003 Union City Cali $35/hr

Sept 2003 Tarboro NC $35/hr

April 2004 Westerly RI $35/hr

Nope I haven't seen any slippage.

And the agencies can "make up" any amount of miles they want to.. You don't pay Federal Income Taxes to them..

The IRS over RULES them every time.

WR,,, three commas for Becca

Why can't you post a new thread?

Anonymous

Big Daddy;

See if this will fit for you. The rates listed may vary a little depending on experience, but, we'll stand up against anyone in the field with what we can offer. Give it a good look:

Here’s a double-barreled opportunity that you’ll find hard to resist. First, if you have one year of experience (within the last 18 months) in acute care experience in the following fields: ER, Med/Surg, ICU/CCU, Tele and L&D; like to travel; would like to earn up to $10,000 per month; extraordinary benefits, and housing assistance……then, this is where you need to be! Start earning what you’re worth….YOU deserve it! Get all the details…..right here…..right now! http://www.readyrefer.com/5834

I also realize some people are actually happy with their jobs, where they work, etc….. so here’s opportunity # 2. Chances are, you work with someone, or know someone, that might be looking to make a change. Perhaps someone is thinking about making a move, and wondering what they’ll do once they get where they’re going? Why not tell them about: http://www.readyrefer.com/5834, and if they sign up, you’ll make yourself up to $750.00 for your assistance. Sign up as an affiliate, and you could soon be making some bonus cash. Get instructions on how to sign up at: http://www.readyrefer.com/5834. Do it TODAY. All inquiries are CONFIDENTIAL; you’re under no obligation, whatsoever.

Anonymous

Big Daddy.. Please be careful of Ready whatever.. They don't pay according to IRS rules..

Many of those positions you've seen for $50 don't exist. If they did I doubt any travel nurse company would have to post them . If you are quoted $50 that probably means you have to pay all your expenses. Housing, utilities, travel expenses, and licensure expenses..

Anonymous

It's the hospitals that are "defining" the mileage. It has nothing to do with travel expenses, tax breaks, or the IRS.

The hospitals don't want all their staff quitting and becoming travelers. The traveler could take the stipend offered by the company. Live at home and pay taxes on the stipend and make more than a regular staff.. That's where the 50-75 mile rule comes into play.

I have a contract in Maine starting next week. I will be 100 miles from home. I will be a traveler as I can't reasonably go home every night to "sleep or rest". This particular hospital doesn't have a mileage rule or if they do I have met their requirements.

WR,,,three commas for Becca

Anonymous

This is for the person that indicated Ready(whatever)Recruit does not follow IRS guidelines. I sincerely doubt there is even one (1) company that does not abide by IRS rulings and guidelines; Ready Recruit DOES. They're in the business of getting qualified RNs the wages & benefits most other companies only "claim" they get their nurses. I suggest if you have questions, call them direct; their # is: 1-866-732-3976 & talk to the people that know......feel free to tell them 5834 sent you!

Anonymous

I don't need to call them I already did..I wouldn't waste my cell minutes on them

When I called them they couldn't tell me what I would be making hourly.. They call me every so often..They have my number and know what I require. So far they haven't been able to deliver.

As far as even one company that does not abide by the IRS rulings and guidelines I have no idea what that statement even means.. But more than one does...And it ain't Ready whatever.

Well BigDaddy, you sure have sparked some debate. That is good, the only way nurses can sort through the numerous agencies is by speaking not only with the company, but with nurses that have dealt with that company as well.Trustaff offers pay rates from 40$/hr up through 54$/hr on the tax advantage plan. The state that the position is in affects the pay rate the most. We have positions available today in 33 states across the nation. We also offer the all inclusive payment option that most nurses are familiar and comfortable with. We would be happy to discuss our options and positions with you, perhaps we have something you are looking for, either way it never hurts to explore all of your options, as I can see you know by your posting lol.
    Hope to talk to you,
    Steve Schlegel
    trustaff, inc.
    toll free- 1-877-880-0346
    or e-mail me at steve@trustraff.com

Anonymous

You''d be happy to discuss something..I lost my tin can.. I guess that's why you never got back to me..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast