Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Recruiters, quote us your top dollar R.N. rates.

Recruiters, quote us your top dollar R.N. rates.

I am interested in the travel nurse field, but there are hundreds of companies out there. I have seen plenty of jobs posted for $40/hr and even a few up to $50/hr. I have heard there are even a few for more than that. I have been a critical care nurse for over 20yrs and am pretty comfortable where I am, but talk of this kind of money is tempting. If I travel, it will be for the money. I want to know what kind of real money there is out there, so since this forum is for nurses to talk with recruiters, seems like a good place to "show us what you've got" Post your best rates and others post the best rates you've been paid.

Re: Recruiters, quote us your top dollar R.N. rates.

Hello,
    ReadyLink Healthcare offers nurses $350-$450 per shift after taxes. You also recieve benefits, housing and bonuses. Earn free "Ready Rewards" for each shift worked. For more information please call toll-free 1-866-732-3976 ext. 5453 or visit our website at (sorry, no links to readylink allowed)
    Thanks,
    Sandra

Anonymous

Some of those posted $40-$50/hr are asking you to foot your own bills.. i.e. pay for your own housing, insurance, etc.

In the long run at $50/hr you won't bring home much more than you would at $35. If you want to be independent you need upwards of $60-65/hr..Don't be fooled by ReadyLink either...They do not pay according to IRS rules..And you know the IRS RULES....

WR,,, three commas for Becca

Hi Big Daddy - Don't be fooled by those rates. Most of the time they are "come-ons" to pique your interest but there are a lot of strings attached. Generally, California has the highest rates for travelers, and there are always a lot of positions open throughout the state. You might be able to get between $30 and $35 per hour plus housing and benefits. There are other parts of the US that pay well, but it is definitely a geographical thing. I am a former traveler and now work in house for a great travel agency. Feel free to contact me and I will set you up with an excellent recruiter who will be honest with you. PatD@netisstaffing.com

Hi,

I am an Nurse Recruiter in California. We have openings in Southern and Central California for travelers. I think the others who have responded are correct - you can make $50 an hour but you will be an independent contractor. I worked for a company for a few years that pays their nurses $50, and the nurses were considered self employeed independent contractors.

We pay our nurses between $28-$32 an hour, depending on the hospital and assignment. We provide housing, travel allowance, guarantee hours, 401K, medical, dental, vision.

If you do decide to travel and are interested in an assignment in California I'd love to be able to help you out.

Anonymous

Northern California will support $35 and more. With airfare and car rental. Also, housing is not free. You must have a tax home.

Also, $300 won't pay for a cross country trip by any means.

Hi,

Was that a direct response to my posting? I don't think it was, but wanted to clarify just incase .... I didn't mention free housing, however, the company I work with will pay for housing. Yes, you must have a tax home at least 75 miles away from the assignment, to be considered a traveler. The housing is not free, but we will cover the costs. Also, no mention of $300 for travel. We offer a travel allowance, there is no set amount for this, it depends on the needs of the RN. If an RN is able to make $35 an hour in Northern California with a rental car and airfare, I would encourage them to do that, especially if housing and benefits are included. Thank you for your reply.

Anonymous

There is no such thing as 75 miles. I would suggest you read the IRS rules on a tax home.. Pub 463 at www.irs.gov

Please get your facts correct before you tell new travel nurses something.

BTW most companies quote 50 miles.. Which is wrong too.

Thank you for refering me to the IRS web site. It was informative and I appreciate it. I will refer to it often.

On the web-site, there does not seem to be a specific amount of miles mentioned that would classify a traveler. If you disagree, please quote the IRS rule.

Our policy seems to meet the requirements.

Anonymous

I am not a recruiter offering any other nurse a position.. I am a travel nurse and I have given you the Pub and no where in there is a mileage requirement for a travel assignment.. But in case you find it how about quoting it for those of us who do travel..

I'll be waiting but I won't be holding my breath..

And if there is no mention of mileage then why did you mention in it your previous post as being 75 miles. Forget to read your own website.. BTW what website might that be?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast