Thread: Hey, all!

Hey, all!

Just want to introduce myself. I'm still kinda new to nursing, but not to work! I graduated with my ADN @ 46 and work as a staff nurse in a hospital in Iowa. I don't watch the boards as much as I'd like to, but will try to check in weekly. I hope that my stubborn procrastination streak doesn't keep me away!:eek:

Re: Hey, all!

glad to see you here! Sorry about the h e l l o problem. I'll get that fixed .

Smile Re: Hey, all!

No worries mate, procrastination is my middle name. It is good to have you aboard. I have been a RN since 1994. I have worked in many areas of nursing from OR to ER, to Surgical unit. Currently I am living in Georgia but will be relocating back to Australia this year. If you ever get the chance to see Australia you should. Nursing is so different in Australia- less stress.

Do not worry about procrastination I think we all suffer from it. Just post what is i your heart and mind and we will be alright.

Smile Re: Hey, all!

Congratulations is in order, good for you to stick it out and graduate at 46.You will go places if you keep on doing your best. You are not the only one that procrastinate, we all do I believe; it takes a while to adjust to nursing, good luck

Thumbs up Re: Hey, all!

Where in IOWA??? My son in law is going to be an Army Recruiter in Marshalltown Iowa. I hope to visit them at least once while he is there, they will be there for 3 years. I have thought of doing a travel assignment in DesMoines or in Wisconsin where my company, Medical Staffing Solutions has contracts.
    Good luck in Nursing, and Great for you doing it so late in life.
    Pat

Hi, Pat, and thanks, BTW. I LIVE in Nebraska and work in northeast Iowa, Sioux City, to be exact. Marshalltown is east of us a ways. Good luck with the travel nursing here, and hope you enjoy your stay. And, thanks to all of you for the welcome, I'm still trying to get this site figured out!:eek:

Quote Originally Posted by patbcox
    Where in IOWA??? My son in law is going to be an Army Recruiter in Marshalltown Iowa. I hope to visit them at least once while he is there, they will be there for 3 years. I have thought of doing a travel assignment in DesMoines or in Wisconsin where my company, Medical Staffing Solutions has contracts.
    Good luck in Nursing, and Great for you doing it so late in life.
    Pat
    Hey Pat, just wanted to say I appreciate your son's military service and hope he can bring in some more high quality Soldier candidates! We need all we can get for the Global War on Terrorism.
    Cary James Barrett, RN, BSN

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedNurse
    Just want to introduce myself. I'm still kinda new to nursing, but not to work! I graduated with my ADN @ 46 and work as a staff nurse in a hospital in Iowa. I don't watch the boards as much as I'd like to, but will try to check in weekly. I hope that my stubborn procrastination streak doesn't keep me away!:eek:
    Late post [8/8/2006]...

WELCOME! BTW, procrastination is an unacceptable excuse! LOL, laziness I will accept, hehehe.
    Cary James Barrett, RN, BSN