Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Disappointed

Re: Disappointed

If you could NOT refer people to other forums from my forum, I'd appreciate it, especially in threads where people are already unsatisfied.

I'm trying really hard to make this a great place for nurses to go. It's not exactly cake. I know you're just trying to help, but I'd rather you help HERE!

Thanks.

Yeah, I joined 2 or 3 weeks ago, introduced myself. Got 34 replies but no responses.
    No one would even say "Hey, there, how are ya?".

I was on the "other" site, also, I'm sure I'm thinking of the one you guys are thinking of. I got warned over there, too, and I thought it was unecessary.
    I got "jumped" on for my opinons, it's like a person can't voice an opinion unless it is in agreement with the majority on the subject or on the thread.

Posters are supposed to debate the subject, not the poster. Doesn't work that way over there.

I was hoping to find a friendly place so I would have a "nurse" site to still visit, but this is not a friendly place thus far.

Dissapointed? Yes, I am.

A forum is what you make it. Instead of breezing through the threads take time to answer a few with no replies. It is rather disheartening when you have taken the time to start a new thread to have not one single response what-so-ever.

Well, I haven't been around much with summer-school (I took prescriptive pharmacology this summer) and a little bit of vacation, but it's good to see I've had some company on this thread since I last dropped in.

Annie -- I envy anyone who can do the ED thing. I'm not good with surprises and any busy emergency room is full of surprises. I had an ED CNS who worked for me about 6 yrs ago who regaled ME with his stories of a downtown Philadelphia ED (the Philly Knife & Gun Club he called it) and that was enough to assure me I belong in pediatrics or psychiatry, not anywhere near the emergency department!

And to our serviceman/RN -- thanks for your post (and your picture). Hope this means you are state-side right now. I too, really appreciate what our armed services have done to protect the USA. No Bush fan here, but always a believer in the folks who put their lives on the line for their countrymen.

And Short Bus (whatever that means) -- glad you're on-board and ready for some excitement!

Ok, so let's talk about something.

Here's a few items that are on my mind lately. . . .

1. I'm coordinating our hospital's Magnet application process. We're having fun with it and, for a small, specialty hospital (60 acute cae beds for disabled children & a group of clinics that average over 80K visits per year) we have over 100 staff members engaged in the process so far. Anybody out there with Magnet experience -- any wisdom for our journey?

2. I'm plodding my way toward an FNP certificate (my master's degree is in pediatrics, but it is VERY old, so new credentials are needed!) but will probably not finish until 2008 or so. Any of you also headed toward NP work?

3. AD/DIP/BAC -- the old controversy continues. We have "upped the anty" at our hospital in an effort to encourage ADNs to pursue baccalaureate education. Nearby we have a state university with an ADN-to-MSN track that is very user-friendly. Our intention here is to raise the bar because the kids we serve have VERY complex needs and require both comprehensive assessment skills as well as careful monitoring. Some of our staff are offended that we desire to upgrade our skill/credential-mix.

It's not about diminishing anyone's entry education, it's about wanting to make nursing a shoulder-to-shoulder discipline with all the other healthcare team members (like master's prepared thereapists, physicians with PhDs etc.)But how can we approach the pursuit & support of collegiate and graduate education and STILL let ALL our nurses know that we appreciate what they bring to the bedside (regardless of their entry education)?

Let me know your thoughts!

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Hi, all! First time posting. I agree about the site being a bit slow, but hopefully that will change.

You mean that there is another site? GASP! Who'd have thought it! Just wasn't for me, though. I poked my nose in a few times, and it just was too.....cumbersome.

Hopefully this site will be better!

'That Cat'

I'm not disappointed. I think it's a great site. I don't see your contribution to
    make it better. And a month isn't long. Stay with it, when you need it, it'll be here for you.

nurse 10000

Thank you, nurse10000! We all need to contribute....and there IS a Forum and thread to post to: Just wondering what would others.... I do see a change in things; let's keep it going!

'Cat'

Quote Originally Posted by nurse10000 View Post
    I'm not disappointed. I think it's a great site. I don't see your contribution to
    make it better. And a month isn't long. Stay with it, when you need it, it'll be here for you.

nurse 10000
    RNCafe.com
    I agree, the site activity has picked up nicely lately.

Post often!
    Cary James Barrett, RN, BSN

I am sorry I have not been able to post much. I have sold my house, my husband, myself, and our twins have moved in with my parents temporarily. We leave for Australia next Thursday. It has been a very interesting and busy month

Kimmie....at first I read your post as you sold your DH! :rolleyes: Good lord! I hope you get settled in soon before the Holi-daze.

Mag is right....things ARE picking up, and it is thanks to people like you. Thanks!

"Cat"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast