Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Disappointed

Unhappy Disappointed

I've been visiting this site for about a month. The most consistent "poster" is nursbot -- the news-searching & reporting robot.

I see a lot of "viewing" going on, but when I look for recent posts, the dates are very, very old. Who cares what was "news" in the spring of 2005?

Where are the current posts? Where are the nurses with ideas, questions, responses or even complaints?

I'll check back, but honestly, I am disappointed that this site seems to generate more heat than light.

(after 30 years, I'm) stillearning

Red face Re: Disappointed

Hi Disappointed!

Today is my first day on the site and I was thinking the same thing!! It doesn't appear to be a site that is generating much debate or discussion....but, in all fairness, I haven't spent a ton of time on it yet.....that's just my first impression.

I'm an emergency nurse who went back to school to get my masters in nursing ed so that I can retire from our wonderful (smile) profession with some life left in me. Truly, tho, emergency nursing is in my blood and I keep in touch through teaching in a "new ED nurse" course at the health system where I'm employed and by working some casual hours. I teach in the med/surg component of a school of nursing and regale my students with tales of the ED......I've even converted a few!!!

How about you?

annie:

Re: Disappointed

I apologize for the lack of activity.

If you guys can bear with me/us for about one more week I'll have this place hopping...I PROMISE .

Thanks, Shortbus!!

Funny name. When I was in nursing school, we had a T-shirt especially made for a guy in our study group that said "Ridin' the short bus to nursing school." It was cute.....had a little, orange short bus drawn on it, driving down a highway. He was way more kind-hearted than those of us who thought up the idea for the shirt and paid for it (me, mainly...haha). He would only use it as an undershirt, for fear of offending any short-bus riders or family relations of short-bus riders. Haven't thought of that for a long time.....good memories.

I'm not sure how much I'll visit the site.....like most nurses, my days are so packed....but I will peek in when I can and see what is going on. So, this site belongs to you???? How does something like that happen??????

BTW, if you have the time, could you tell me how to use the smiley icons and different fonts/colors, etc? When I attempt any of that, I just get the command...not the choice that I made.

Thanx!!

annie

Hi all,
    I just joined yesterday. I actually hadn't looked at how old the dates of postings were....silly me! Anyway, I'll keep browsing and posting and maybe we can get things moving again.

Sheila

To be honest, I just figured out HOW TO POST; the page takes a long time to load. So, I'm sure that you'll get familiar with me yet. I'll warn you that on another site, I'm on the "warned" list; I can be controversial at times, sorry. I can't figure out the nurses that I work with who pretend that everything is wonderful (if the docs or managers are around), but the claws come out otherwise. A lot of them are very catty and cliquish(sp???). and I'm still surprised to see this (with nurses) I certainly expected better! It makes for a not so fun work environment. Anyway, I'm glad that I figured this site out, and am glad to be here. BTW, I can be a very nice person, which I generally am. I have a tendency to stick up for the underdog.....

Thumbs up Re: Disappointed

MagRedC5, it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?

Cary James Barrett, RN, BSN

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedNurse
    To be honest, I just figured out HOW TO POST; the page takes a long time to load. So, I'm sure that you'll get familiar with me yet. I'll warn you that on another site, I'm on the "warned" list; I can be controversial at times, sorry. I can't figure out the nurses that I work with who pretend that everything is wonderful (if the docs or managers are around), but the claws come out otherwise. A lot of them are very catty and cliquish(sp???). and I'm still surprised to see this (with nurses) I certainly expected better! It makes for a not so fun work environment. Anyway, I'm glad that I figured this site out, and am glad to be here. BTW, I can be a very nice person, which I generally am. I have a tendency to stick up for the underdog.....
    I bet I can guess the other site! I, too, have a tendency to stick up for the underdog!

Hope to chat with you here more often!
    Cary James Barrett, RN, BSN

Smile Re: Disappointed

Yup, you probably guessed it! Thanks for the welcome; and thank you for serving our country. Although I am not a Bush supporter, I bow to all our Service men and women. Our country would not exist without you!

Try this forum Nurse-forum.com. The members seem to post a bit more than here on Ultimate Nurse. I think one reason is that the transition from one post to another is a bit easier to navigate than here. I hope this helps.

Cheers

http://www.nurse-forum.com/index.php

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast