Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Q, what are the new grad salaries in your area

Q, what are the new grad salaries in your area

<font face="Comic Sans MS">I'm looking for info on staff nurse / critical care nurses as opposed to travel nurse assignments. I'm not going there since I'm single and have three kids </font>Kit

I was given credit for prior experience of over one year as a nurse intern and make 19.5 an hour. From what I hear that's pretty darn low compared to other areas. And we have one heck of a cost of living here, let me tell ya. I am doing a lot of research around where I might want to move in the next one or two years. If you don't mind sharing what you know about new hire salaries in your area I'd appreciate the help!!

Kit

Member Extraordinaire

Re: Q, what are the new grad salaries in your area

I think $19.50 for a new grad around here would be pretty good. Top out pay here (western KY) is $23 and it took me 11 years to get there. After you top out then your annual raise is a % of your pay for the year which is usually a couple of $1000

My niece Graduates from nursing school in May. Lives in Baltimore MD....was hired to start @ $21.50/hr. That's for full-time with benis.

I live in Dallas-Fort Worth, Tx area and the new grads here are starting at about $23/hr

Hope this helps

Hi! I work in California in the Bay Area, but live in the Central Valley of California, which means I commute about an hour and half to work each day, but the cost of living is cheaper outside the Bay Area, but the money is better inside.

New graduates are hired for between $31.50 - $37 depending on which hospital you go to. Also most hospitals will hire you are one rate such as $31.50, but the nurses union often has rate increases every 6 months. Money is California is good, but the cost of living in some places is HIGH, which is why I think the rate may seem higher, but if you live outside the Bay Area you can have a LOWER cost of living with a HIGHER pay rate.

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any other questions! Oh and if you ask me nurses are UNDER PAID everywhere!!!!

Brandi

OK Arkansas is the pits for new grad wages. $17.50 Although the cost of living here is fairly low. Seven years ago it was $13.00. This Nursing shortage seems to be helping out the New grads more than us old timers.

Reality check. I know all of you have completed your training and most have worked very diligently to achieve your goals. I am finishing prereq requirements to enter a BSN program in Jan. I currently work for 10/hr. (decent pay for here) Any of these new grad salaries sound fantastic to me. Another reason to Nurse.

Anonymous

Just don't cut yourself short. A nurse deserves and earns every dime and more.

WR,,, three commas for Becca

I was recently told that hospitals in Southern CA are getting 23.95-33.95 an hour to start as a new grad. Plus most hospitals offer new grad programs which give you the experience faster than other hospitals. Plus you are close to all the fun things to do in Califronia. The beaches, amusment parks, the mountians, Hollywood, ect.. The cost of living dies vary place to place but you can afford to have a house and still put money into savings.

New grads in L.A/O.C. area = $45,000-$50,000/year.

Is anyone from FL??
    Nurses in my area of NC are making 23-25K a year as new grads. I moved here from Orlando, and my sister told me the starting salary at her hospital was 110k/yr?? Does anyone know if there is any truth in that?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast