Thread: OK another ? CNA or MA

OK another ? CNA or MA

i have an oppurtunity to either go be a cna or go to school to be a medical assistant on a grant but I cant do both..............HELP school starts the 14th HHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPP PPPPPPPPPPPP.................:confused:

Re: OK another ? CNA or MA

If I had to make the choice I would go for Medical Assistant. I think you will have more opportunities with this program

Re: OK another ? CNA or MA

Depends on what your ultimate goals are. Both will help you get more comfortable with patients, learn about vitals and basic procedures.

The medical assistant works mostly in doctor's offices. Nursing assistants are in demand in hospitals, nursing homes (a lot more areas).

If your ultimate goal is nursing school, I'd do the CNA. It gives you a bird's eye view of nursing and exposes you to more than would the medical assistant.

The medical assistant is "cleaner" and focuses more on the technical aspects of care. Vitals, Assisting the doc in procedures, paperwork, filing, etc.

Not a lot of direct patient care in that role. As a nurse, you do everything a nursing assistant does, and your nursing duties (meds, assessments, charting, crisis management, etc)

Also something to think about is Unit Secretary. You don't get into the physical aspects of the job, but you're certainly in the "thick" of it and exposed to the stress of nursing.

Just a thought.

Andrew Lopez, RN
    Nursing Associations, Degree Programs Online, Jokes, Schools, Scrubs, Uniforms & More
    http://www.4nursing.com