Thread: Necessary new thread

Post Necessary new thread

I feel the need to post a new thread, only because there are really no recent ones here. OK, here's my whine......nurses who wear out seat covers and never offer to help out; anyone who mistreats pulled help or ANYONE ELSE; charge nurses who continuously assign the most critical patients to pulled help. New nurses who insist that they know everything because they JUST READ IT IN A BOOK; old nurses who know everything and are unwilling to listen to anyone new (because they might have something to say!) and ANYONE who is afraid to stand up for him or herself or anyone else because of fear............

Thumbs up Re: Necessary new thread

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedNurse
    I feel the need to post a new thread, only because there are really no recent ones here. OK, here's my whine......nurses who wear out seat covers and never offer to help out; anyone who mistreats pulled help or ANYONE ELSE; charge nurses who continuously assign the most critical patients to pulled help. New nurses who insist that they know everything because they JUST READ IT IN A BOOK; old nurses who know everything and are unwilling to listen to anyone new (because they might have something to say!) and ANYONE who is afraid to stand up for him or herself or anyone else because of fear............
    Where have you been lately? A lot more activity this past month has happened.

Although, I agree with most of what you posted. Nursing care needs to be a team effort!
    Cary James Barrett, RN, BSN

Unhappy Re: Necessary new thread

So, would ya believe me if I told ya that on 8/16, I was 20 minutes into my (report) shift, and started feeling like crap; headed to the ER, and had a heart attack? yup, it's true. Been dealing with that, and looks like back to work next week, maybe. Rt coronary artery. Even my primary care doc couldn't believe it! The smoking's gotta go.....

Re: Necessary new thread

So, would ya believe me if I told ya that on 8/16, I was 20 minutes into my (report) shift, and started feeling like crap; headed to the ER, and had a heart attack? yup, it's true. Been dealing with that, and looks like back to work next week, maybe. Rt coronary artery. Even my primary care doc couldn't believe it! The smoking's gotta go.....
    Okay, okay so you have a good excuse for your absence.

Did you have a DX Heart Cath procedure? Glad everything is much better, since you have the green light to go back to work.

STOP the CA stick, ASAP!

Had an angio with stent placement (x1); get this; I hit the ER @ 2330 and by 0030, was in CCU; how's that for service?? My hospital ROCKS!! I call the Doc next week to get the OK to go back to work, but he's gotta give me no restrictions; we'll see. Thanks for the kind words of encouragement, and I don't think I got to tell ya CONGRATS on your promotion!

Had an angio with stent placement (x1); get this; I hit the ER @ 2330 and by 0030, was in CCU; how's that for service?? My hospital ROCKS!! I call the Doc next week to get the OK to go back to work, but he's gotta give me no restrictions; we'll see. Thanks for the kind words of encouragement, and I don't think I got to tell ya CONGRATS on your promotion!
    Promotion? I've been a first lieutenant since 2003. LOL, do you mean completion of the critical care nursing course on August 3?

I meant congrats on the "moderator" status, but hey, critical care deserves a hand, too! (the moderator thing is new, yes?) What do I know?

I meant congrats on the "moderator" status, but hey, critical care deserves a hand, too! (the moderator thing is new, yes?) What do I know?

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working
    And where are you two now? BigRed? You still out there? And SoldierNurse?