Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Owning a business is rewarding!

Owning a business is rewarding!

It truly is rewarding to be making such an incredible differnce in the lives of others again!! (the pay check is nice too..)After 30 yrs in nursing and a lot of frustrations...seeing less than optimal care and on and on...owning a business & having somethign everyone wants and needs...is awesome! I am learning how to help others stay out of hospitals and Doctors offices. Meeting incredible people and working with like minded people as well! Great times!! Do not hesitate to take a leap of faith!!
    WellnessRN

Re: Owning a business is rewarding!

I'd have to agree, being able to make money with nursing skills out side the clinical setting has been gratifying.

It took several years, but slowly I've been earning enought to cut back my hours on the floors, stay home, and still have enough to pay the bills and even get ahead.

I've been a Work At Home Dad for the past three years, managing a website, dabbling in nursing agencies, working agency and gradually building up income streams. Income that will hopefully continue to grow and support me and my family for a long time to come.

My niche has been providing nursing and healthcare information on the web. More and more, nurses and consumers are looking to the internet for healthcare information. My idea was to provide that information in a central location so nurses primarily could find it when they needed it.

To earn money with a website, is like earning money with a newspaper or TV shows. As long as you have readers, people watching the show, Advertisers will pay to have their message seen.

There are also "affiliate" programs where merchants will pay you to offer their products on your site. Nursing gifts and uniforms have worked well for me.

So as long as you have a website with a decent amount of traffic, you can generate extra income by selling advertising space.

My site's been up since 1997, I'd be happy to mentor nurses looking to do the same. Start-up costs for a website (mostly hosting costs) are a few hundred dollars.

Andrew Lopez, RN
    http://www.nursefriendly.com

I to have been working from home as a Wellness Consultant helping people incorporate nutrition as a way of healing their bodies. It is a very rewarding alternative.

Hello Dotty,

Are you doing some kind of sales or network marketing? I'm all into health/wellness but have had a hard time trying to live off what I can make in sales.

Have you ever thought about putting up a website around health/wellness? There are certainly enough people out there looking for health information.

Just a thought, I've been building websites since 1997, always amazes me how much more room there is to grow out there, how many topics haven't been covered well.

Andrew Lopez, RN
    http://www.nursingentrepreneurs.com

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Owning a Business is Killing Me!

Anonymous

Oh honey ..Take a nap.. You'll see things differently when you wake up....Kissy Kissy Kissy..

WR,,, three commas for Becca

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Owning a Business is Killing Me!

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL,

C'mon Aaron, did you think it would be easy? Granted I am living more off the web than from staff nursing these days, but it took me seven years to get there.

Owning your own business usually means working 60-80 hours a week to make the same as if you worked 40 hour/week for an employer.

When you own your own business, success never comes easy, sometimes it doesn't come at all, but when it does come, there's no better feeling.

Andrew Lopez, RN

Member Extraordinaire

having my business has been killing me lately just because I've been so busy with it signing up new reps. I do that old make-up company that starts with AV and ends with ON. Between that, the jewelry company that I also have a sales business with, working and mystery shopping for dinner (free food everyday) I'm worn out LOL

Ruth
    http://www.youravon.com/rgross

[ QUOTE ]
    having my business has been killing me lately just because I've been so busy with it signing up new reps. I do that old make-up company that starts with AV and ends with ON. Between that, the jewelry company that I also have a sales business with, working and mystery shopping for dinner (free food everyday) I'm worn out LOL

Ruth

[/ QUOTE ]

Hello Ruth,

Sounds like you're hustling to make a buck, like you've got quite a few irons in the fire nothing wrong with that. If you'd like some free advertising for your nurse-owned business we give it at http://www.nursingentrepreneur.com

One of the results of poor conditions on the floors, is that nurses are looking for other career options, ways to get off the floors. I'm always glad to meet someone that has found something that works for them. Would be happy to help your promote your business online if you're looking to do that.

Andrew Lopez, RN

Member Extraordinaire

I'm not really that interested in getting off the floor. I could be in management but choose to stay on the floor. Patient care is where I want to be. What I really like to do is save a buck that's why I went into selling Jewelry and Avon. With the jewelry I get everything 50% off so if I do a home show for $500 then $250 of it is mine. And I sell enough Avon to my co-workers I make 40% profit on what I sell...that also means I can support my habit for 40% less. My DH and I also do mystery shopping which is basically filling out comment cards on resturants and getting meals free plus a few bucks. I'm also a coupon clipper and get my groceries for pennies on the $$$. I've even been paid to take groceries out of the store before. I have enough frequent flier miles to get round trip anywhere in north america and I "earned" them all without flying at all. DH also has enough. I just make my $$$ go farther.
    I'd be bored if I wasn't doing something all the time. My DH says I multitask. I just ramble...I think it's the ADD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast