Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: what did you use to pass nclex rn????

Re: what did you use to pass nclex rn????

If you all are going to do the millionaire theory, you might want to do it on a mock test first. :-) I took my NCLEX last Thursday and found out saturday that I passed. Kaplans is the best and it is only $37.00. I didn't take a review class, but I did read Kaplans twice and did the practice test. I didn't do anymore studying. Being able to eliminate wrong answers and critically think is what Kaplan says is most important. It was the best $37.00 that I spent, and didn't have to drop hundreds of $$$$$ on a review class. Good luck to you

Anonymous

I have been watching for quite a while.. I wasn't presenting it as absolute fact. Just showing that the test is produced by humans and they are falliable..When I graduated from HS one of the guys in my class got a perfect scoer on the Math SAT..AAMOF the test takers sent him a note saying he had answered a question correctly that they had the wrong answer to in their answer bank.. Someone noticed it.. This was a long time before computers. Number 2 pencils, no stray marks, and perfect circles.

I wouldn't spend $37.00 on a book.. I believe it's free at most computer labs..

Maybe not..

I passed it in 20 minutes, in 1997 with 75 questions..

WR,,, three commas for Becca

I hope the next time you post, it will be to announce some good news (smile).

I studied like crazy for the exam (6-8 hours/day for a month!) and when I walked out of the examination I had not a clue, whether I'd passed or not.

The machine shut off at 75 for me also and I'd swear I guessed on at least 1/2 the questions. Waiting for the results was pure torture. . . .

Breathed a major sigh of relief when I got my results.

Hope you can do the same.

Andrew Lopez, RN
    http://www.nursinghumor.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mic****eM
    Hi ladies.
    I am about to take my nclex rn for the third time and I am stressed to say the leaset I was wondering if anyone could give me tips on what they used to study for the nclex rn. and what worked for them also has anyone used any of the online sites to take tests off I am talking about the ones you pay for and use for a period of time and take practice tests. Any help advice would be much appreciated thanks in advance. Mic****e Murray
    You didnt fail it failed you go to Forum Chat http://www.socanon.com/ there is more to that test than you see...my wife has failed it and I have done some research...take a look
    Forum Chat http://www.socanon.com/

I used Mosby's review cards and a Saunders review book. The cards were very helpful! They have more than 3000 questions in one box, with 3 questions per card and answers with reasoning on the back. The cards are divided by topic such as Med Surge, Psyche, Acute, etc. and there is also a comprehensive review of at least 200 questions. You can take them anywhere with you and whenever you have 10 spare minutes, do a couple of questions. Make sure you also have a medical dictionary to look up any words you don't remember!

I'm wrapping up my first semester in nursing school, and my school has been pretty much drilling us on studying for the NCLEX early. I get anxiety from taking standardized tests in general, so I'm pretty nervous about taking the test. However, my school did give us these books from ATI and plan to set up time for us to take online practice tests for each section throughout the school year. So I figured I should plan to take the online tests and review specific NCLEX questions right after actually finishing learning that particular subject in class. Also, I did felt better about the test when my clinical instructor told me that if I focus on learning during the school year and gaining experience in critical thinking during clinicals, I will do just fine.

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

When I was in 2nd semester Senior year, our class had to do 5 sets of questions from NCLEX 3000; had to get 65% or better the first 2 or 3 sets, then 75% the remaining sets. I thought the program worked quite well.

I also had a review book, but forgot which one I used.....

'Cat'

Michelle M.-
    First off let me say I understand exsactly how you feel. I had to take my NCLEX 3x as well. Neadless to say I was a ball of nerves the second time I took it and almost a basketcase when I realized I had to take it the 3rd time. I decided that I knew the info just needed to make some other changes. I agree doing computer courses was the most helpful for me. Gave me the practice of working on the computer for the test. The other I did was get couseling and finally go on Ritalin for the studying. As well I took 250mcg of xanax for the weekend prior to the test and took the test on a Monday while on some xanax. I walked out of there the third time and knew I passed. Believe it or not I am not the only RN I know who had to take something to kill the nerves. No I am not saying get all "dopped" up for the boards. It's just sometimes thefear of failing again can get the best of you. So maybe a little Rx help wouldn't hurt. You just might want to explore why your blocking on the test. It could be that your just expierincing some test anxiety. You know you know the answers. You know the content. You just need to get chill to take the test. Good luck and take care!

The best study tool is take practice tests over and over. Everytime you have a free moment open up the book and start answering the questions. Then you can score yourself. I even took the damn book into the bathroom with me. I did nothing but study for the 6 weeks prior. Good luck to you!

The Dutchess

After being out of nursing school for 7 years, I decided to take the Nclex exam so that I could move to the US from Canada.

I purchased the Kaplan Nclex study guide w/CD from Ebay and used my Mosby's text book. I'm happy to say that I passed after only 75 questions.

I was so thrilled I decided to start a blog about the process, check it out if you get a chance. Leave me a comment or ask me some questions, I'm always willing to share some tips. Get back to me.
    You won't be anywhere else TOMORROW if you don't take action TODAY.

http://nursingandthenclex.blogspot.com/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123