Thread: What do I do?!! help!

Exclamation What do I do?!! help!

Hi everyone... I am new to this forum. Thanks for having me. Well I was researching becoming an LNC and e-mailed several local law firms asking their opinion/usage of LNC's. Well... one returned my e-mail stating that he couldn't justify using an LNC that charges a $1000 retainer/$180 an hour. I figured what the heck and I responded to him stating that I help look at his charts for a lower cost so I could get the experience and see if I would like to pursue the career change. He knows that I have never worked as an LNC but he wants to meet with me next week to look at a case! What the heck do I charge? I'm confident in my ability to provide him with what he needs but I have no clue as to what I should ask for as compensation? HELP! I need all the advice I can get!

Thumbs up Re: What do I do?!! help!

Quote Originally Posted by TirpakRN
    Hi everyone... I am new to this forum. Thanks for having me. Well I was researching becoming an LNC and e-mailed several local law firms asking their opinion/usage of LNC's. Well... one returned my e-mail stating that he couldn't justify using an LNC that charges a $1000 retainer/$180 an hour. I figured what the heck and I responded to him stating that I help look at his charts for a lower cost so I could get the experience and see if I would like to pursue the career change. He knows that I have never worked as an LNC but he wants to meet with me next week to look at a case! What the heck do I charge? I'm confident in my ability to provide him with what he needs but I have no clue as to what I should ask for as compensation? HELP! I need all the advice I can get!
    hi there and congtatulations on getting your foot in the door! i too am a newly certified legal nurse consultant and have not even got the nerve to get up and just do it! but one thing i remember, we were taught to never budge when it comes to stating your fees. the lowest you can go is $100/hr and as an added assurance to the skeptical attorney is that " risk free gaurentee" and with that in mind if he does like your work the next case you can start to state your professional fee your contract. i plan to to that as soon as i get my calling cards designed and printed..any tips on calling card printing comp. or any internet based legal medicla designs?

i am excited for you! tell me how it goes ! i will try this too before winter starts..God Speed!