Thread: IU Med Center is Screwed Up

IU Med Center is Screwed Up

Anyone that wants to form a union PM me ( Nurses) . They are shi****** all over their employees. And Im sick of it.

Member Extraordinaire

Re: IU Med Center is Screwed Up

This will probably just stir something up but I know some nurses at IU and they are happy...at least they tell me they are. We got a new doc from IU last year and we're happy with him he's brought lots of new procedures to our area and bringing in patients also.

i know you mean well but i don't think a union is going to cure a "sick" work enviroment. i think you should cut your losses and go elsewhere. the thing that is making the work enviroment "sick" is to big for a union to change. and if this "sick" work enviroment is "working" for whoever makes it that way they ain't going to change it.
    in order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't mearly try to train him to be semi-human. the point is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly dog. :o

why is it so important for your wife to work at IU med center? isn't there a PURDUE med center she can work at? they might be a better team to play for. or is there an ISU med center?
    in order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't mearly try to train him to be semi-human. the point is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly dog. :o

how about your loved one working in a orthopedic clinic where they also do surgery? those are real nice jobs. mon through fri no holidays. or a walk in urgent care clinic? that way she wouldn't have all the politics that go with a big hospital. or she could work for an agency - make big bucks - and choose when and where to work.

Member Extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by hsieh View Post
    why is it so important for your wife to work at IU med center? isn't there a PURDUE med center she can work at? they might be a better team to play for. or is there an ISU med center?
    IU med center is the teaching hospital in Indy there are other hospitals in Indy and the area. Lots of places to go to and I'd think they pay well in that area to get you to come to the other side.
    But the grass isn't always greener

There are a gazillion places for an RN to work - in a hospital - in Indianapolis.

I don't think IU Med is the problem - it's Clarian Health Partners. I used to work at Methodist before it became Clarian and it was a much nicer place to work then. When Clarian merged IU Med, Methodist and Riley things started going downhill. You went from working at a hospital to working for a large corporation.