Thread: need help with applying to excelsior college

need help with applying to excelsior college

i need some help with excelsior college.what do i need to do now. i sent in my application.do i need to take nursing concepts 1,2.i also need microbiology.i am doing the lpn to rn online. do any one out there have any study guides for microbiology.or the nursing concepts.please someone help.i have a whole lot of questions.i need a mentor who have or are doing online courses with excelsior.

Re: need help with applying to excelsior college

Never took an Excelsior course, sorry.

They'll need to look over your transcripts before they can decide what courses you'll have to take.

Need to be a little patient, they will get back to you with all your requirements. Usually when they give you a book list, you can find study guides that go along with the text books.

Drop a line to Excelsior as well, I've been told they have great student support services also.

Let us know how you're doing!

Andrew Lopez, RN
    http://www.4nursingstudents.com

Hi Lynnbee! I don't know the first thing about Excelsior, but I finish up Micro next week. There was a supplementary online guide to my book and it helped me immensely. Sometimes it is easier for me to see things on the screen than read them in a book. Don't ask me why! So I used it to study A LOT. My instructors also have notes and power points online that hit the major points of lecture, so those helped. If you want to check them out to see what the class is about, go to www.itech.pjc.edu and click on Course Websites at the very top of the page, right hand side and then click on MCB1000, Frances Duncan. Take a look through the power points. I have the book companion site saved in favorites and I am not sure what the URL is, but it was in my book. I hope that I have helped you in some way!
    Krsty

I didn't know there was online lpn courses. Please tell me more abou them. I am starting in 2005 at regular college,But I would like to know more about this.

Courtney

there is excelsior and deaconness college,for excelsior you need to be a lpn or surgical tech,or paramedic,or respiratory therapist,etc. look into the websites for info.www.excelsior.edu.org,www.deaconness college/online nursing.com.i cannot tell you anymore than that.