Thread: Love working for myself!

Love working for myself!

How great to see a forum of nurses who took a risk and work for themselves. I left nursing about five years ago. I felt bad with the shortage but the stress was getting to me..sadly because of the shortage!

I work for myself now buying scrubs wholesale through a distributor and selling uniforms direct to schools, hospitals etc. I started selling the to co-workers and it just took off.

I do miss the nursing field sometimes but working from home full time has been wonderful and I earn more now than I did with all the overtime as an LPN. THis is a huge help with a three year old and newborn twins!

I know starting your own business can be scary but if the desire is there I promise it is well worth it!!

I am curious what other businesses Nurses are performing.

Re: Love working for myself!

That is so nice for you to be working for yourself. I am looking for a way to get out of nursing too. Best of luck to you.

Hello Micky,

Glad to hear you found something that is working out for you. A lot of nurses would love an opportunity to find something to do that would pay the bills.

Did you get help to start your business? I've found a lot of great resources at the Small Business Association, http://www.sba.gov and

The National Nurses in Business Association:
    http://www.nnba.net

Sometimes getting started can be the hardest part of going off on our own.

Andrew Lopez, RN
    http://www.4nursing.com

I am an RN who didn't want to work away from home after my 1st daughter was born. I work my own business helping others to find a way to lead healthier lives, by switching to nontoxic, safer products for their homes, and more effective nutritional supplements. I have a sister company that takes care of all the product orders, shipping, ect. I just find people who are wanting to switch to safer products and refer them. I work my buisness mostly online and by phone. It is a wonderful way for me to use my health knowledge and keep learning, while I am at home with my children.