Thread: Need help in restoring my license

Need help in restoring my license

I am a LVN in Texas who has had my lic. revoked for opium addiction. I was convicted of a felony. What are the chances of getting my lic. back? I don't even know where or how to start. Please help!! Thanks

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar

Re: Need help in restoring my license

Quote Originally Posted by bevpopham
    I am a LVN in Texas who has had my lic. revoked for opium addiction. I was convicted of a felony. What are the chances of getting my lic. back? I don't even know where or how to start. Please help!! Thanks
    If your license was revoked there is usually a 3 to five year waiting period before you can apply for reinstatement. When you apply the board will want to know what specific changes you have made to prevent this from happening again....ie documentated subsatnce abuse treatment and at least two year of documented attendance at na meetings and documented sobriety in the form of random testing. If they reinstate your license you will probably be on probation for another 3-5 years during that time you will have to submit to periodic drug testing, attend some kind of nurse support group, as well as a documented number of 12 step meetings. How do I know this I am an RN currently in a diversion program. My contract requires 4 12 step meetings a week, random drug testing, nurse support groups and quarterly evaluations by a diversion evaluation commitee. It's a pain in the neck but I have been working for a year and maintained sobriety and am a happier person and a much better nurse because of the principles of AA that have become a part of my everyday life.I tell people today that my worst day sober is 100% better than my best day drinking or using. Do what you need to do to get healthydocument everything and you will get your license back (God willing)

Peace and Namaste

Hppygr8ful

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar

Re: Need help in restoring my license

Quote Originally Posted by bevpopham
    If your license was revoked there is usually a 3 to five year waiting period before you can apply for reinstatement. When you apply the board will want to know what specific changes you have made to prevent this from happening again....ie documentated subsatnce abuse treatment and at least two year of documented attendance at na meetings and documented sobriety in the form of random testing. If they reinstate your license you will probably be on probation for another 3-5 years during that time you will have to submit to periodic drug testing, attend some kind of nurse support group, as well as a documented number of 12 step meetings. How do I know this I am an RN currently in a diversion program. My contract requires 4 12 step meetings a week, random drug testing, nurse support groups and quarterly evaluations by a diversion evaluation commitee. It's a pain in the neck but I have been working for a year and maintained sobriety and am a happier person and a much better nurse because of the principles of AA that have become a part of my everyday life.I tell people today that my worst day sober is 100% better than my best day drinking or using. Do what you need to do to get healthydocument everything and you will get your license back (God willing)

Peace and Namaste

Hppygr8ful