Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wahooooooooooo Dialysis...

Anonymous

Re: Wahooooooooooo Dialysis...

Soooooooooooooo you are better.. Nice to know..LOLLLL JK..

Haven't heard from you lately... So should we all get together and invent the PERFECT DIALYSIS MACHINE????

WR,,, three commas for Becca

Yeah... Much better!
    Waiting for my Alabama license. Looking forward to Birmingham. Yeah,,,we should all get together and invent the perfect dailysis machine.
    Count me IN!
    HN

Hey,
    Just wondering, has anyone ever had a dialysis assignment in Florida? I have family there and would consider something near Eglin AFB. I saw that QT Staffing has assignments in Panama City for acute/chronic.

Anonymous

Sorry I don't do FLA.. $....

How hard was it to get the AL license. I saw you have to have a bunch of CEU's up front....

Haven't asked about the rate yet but I will check into it.
    I have lots of family there.

Anyway I sent you a private rant! Had a disapointing day!
    HN

Anonymous

Sorry to hear that....

Hi Everyone.

I just found this site. I've been in dialysis for 10 yrs, but out for the past 6. Looking to get back in with one the the BIG 3. Which company do you recommend (pay, working conditions, hrs, benefits). Any info would be greatly appreciated. Baxter's all I know; I was a Machine Queen. It's going to be hard to get used to Fresenius.
    Thanks,
    BS

Anonymous

IMHO.........

A machine is only about 15% of the process of dialysis..

I am a traveling hemodialysis nurse. I only do chronics. I have worked for the big 3 and DCI.. IMHO stay away from DCI they treat their own help badly.. When I was in Carson City last year they only had one perm staff.. Now they have all travelers.. And they made it so hard on a traveler with the company that I work for she left. She had a perfect record from pervious assingments , excellent references and they told the company she was not qualified. Did the same thing to me last year.

I think all 3 of the Biggies are about the same. I've always said if you find the perfect job please let me know I want to go with you..

I work with Fresenius 2008H and K Althin's and Cobe3.. Would love to learn the Phoenix..

Anonymous

Sorry to hear this but it will work out..

As an ICU nurse, the only dialysis that we do is CVVH, which is tricky in and of itself... we use the PRISMA and the Baxter machines for this. Each have their own quirks.

We have Dialysis nurses from the in-house HD unit come to the unit for our chronic dialysis patients... they use the COBE.

The best advice I can give is to become very familiar with as many machines as possible. And as WanderingRN said... the machine is only 15% of the process... so master the process as well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast