Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wahooooooooooo Dialysis...

Anonymous

Wahooooooooooo Dialysis...

Hey Aaron Thanks for the folder....

I used to think I was addicted to dialysis because of the formaldehyde.. Hmm with non re-use now I guess I have to blame in on my patients.

WR,,, three commas for Becca

Come on friends and peers let's make this a big folder...

Give all of us lots of info and ideas in your practice...

Re: Wahooooooooooo Dialysis...

i agree with WR...thanks for the folder!!!

me: i have been a rn for 15 years, 6 years in OR, 6 years in LTCF, 1 year in chronic dialysis, 2 years in acute dialysis...took to dialysis like a fish to water...up and running in 2 weeks!

work: sticking with per diem agency for the acutes ($45/hr that way) to keep the cash flow. recently signed on with a local gambro facility as prn to get back into the re-use mode (in case i start traveling and have to do re-use... let's face it... if you dont use it, you lose it!!!), but the pay sucks...only $27/hr for prn... that's why i'm only going to do about 1 day a week...

re-use: Hate re-use!!! LOVE the fact that the transition is towards disposable set ups...

machines:
    hate baxter 1550s... 21 machines that beep 2 times every 2 minutes just to let you know they're on... a cacophony of noise...but if i ever do a dialysis cruise, i would at least know how to troubleshoot the machine...

LOVE C3s (and C3+s) wish cobe would come back into play...

gambro pheonixs are ok...not as user friendly as the C3s...

baxter althins and Tinas are my second fav... very user friendly...

havent used any of the fresenius machines...

Anonymous

Hd,,,

I use mostly the Fresenius 2008H.. Have used the K.. Nice machine.

DaVita, DCI and of course Fresenius all you the Fresenius machines.. Gives me more options..

Headed home.. Have a contract there..Maine in the summer..

There is a second position there if anyone else is interested. e-mail me here for further info..

Dear wandering:
    I have an independent contract in dialysis here in Wisconsin
    I had to go from acute to chronic so that is a big change

Here the Phoenix is used as is the fresinius H.
    At home we used the prisma in acute. NO WATER for that one

I would love to get some experience on the Baxter machines.
    Do any hospitals let you train in their pool?

I was a critical care nurse for 10 years and then dialysis
    for the last year. I absolutely love it!

Glad to have this forum with like minded individuals

Anonymous

I don't know if any hospitals train nurses. I rarely do hemodialysis in hospitals.. Did chronics in Danbury and will now be doing it in Maine for the summer.. I personally don't like acutes.. Boring to me.

I don't know anyone who uses Baxter's except cruise ships.. I used the old Baxter's with the pump on the top years ago in the late 80's

Are you saying that you are an independent contractor traveling??

Hello all, I am new to the list, an LPN for 17 years and entering school this fall for BSN. I work in a hospital based dialysis unit w/ acute and chronic patients. We are changing over from Tinas to Fresenius machines. My opinion is Tinas are "old faithful" most of the time, and Fresenius is technologically incredible. However, if they were combined it would make an awsome machine. I think it's wonderful this board is available!

Anonymous

What Fresenius machine are you getting? I am at an assingment in Maine using the Altin machine.. Different of course but I think I like it ok.. It doesn't have as many features or abilities as Fresenius..

Good Luck with your studies.. Are you staying in dialysis?

omfg!!!!!

over the past month have been working with the new fresenius k machines!!! awesome!

my perfect machine would have the following:
    1.touch screens like the baxter and fresenius
    2.single cartridge tubing like the C3/Pheonix
    3.bicart load like the C3/Pheonix
    4.an event timer like the baxter althins/tinas...so you could set the timer to remind yourself to draw that PT in 30 mins or make sure your blood cultures are 30 minutes apart...
    5. heat disinfect with auto shut off like fresenius and baxter
    6.vinegar hook up on the back like bleach/actril (with a seal lid for the tubing so that the vinegar doesnt go bad)
    and of course...
    every unit should have 1K, 2K, and 3K running in the walls to eliminate lugging jugs all over god's green earth...
    OR...
    coming up with a "bicart type" system where you could load a K+ cartridge, Ca++ cartridge, and Glucose, then program the machine for 2K, 3K, etc, and 2.5Ca, 3.0Ca, or 3.5Ca etc...
    any thoughts?

Anonymous

#1 touch is ok but only if you have the touch.
    #2 Yeah one tubing is nice. and I like the cartridge on the Cobe3 ....butttttttttt Gambro is going to all Phoenix according to their website
    # 3 In Waterville Maine we have bottled Bicarb. Gallons I think takes about 4+ for a 4 hour treatment. And bottled Acid. All the range we mix nothing.. Don't know the manufactuer. I'll have to check that out.
    #4 Use the RTD clock on the Fresenius as a reminder I do it all the time. Or we have a kitchen timer.. Actually, we all had them to use for heparing circualtion of 5 minutes before bleeding on.
    #5 Althin has auto shut off. But because of some dubbya tech Fresenius won't let us leave until all machines are shut down.. Major flood somewhere..HMMMMMM
    #6 Since when did vinegar "go bad"
    #7 Refer to #3 and no climbing to the "wall"

I like the Althins except for the fact that they don't have the standard "profiles" like Fresenius.

What I'd like to see is the computer system Gambro has.. No chasing down run sheets or people to sign them ..All computer generated, computer charting, when the techs are done so is the charge nurse because she doesn't still have to key in all that info.

What do you want to invent the better dialysis machine..????

Hey WR and all dialysis professionals!!
    Sooooo glad we have a forum. It's been months since I've visited. What a nice surprise.
    I too have used the Cobe machines and loved them, especially the (+) machines. I loved the blood line cartridge setup and bicarb on the machine. No mixing!!
    Since traveling I've only used the Fresenius H's and a few K's. I really like the K machines. Very user friendly.
    I Love dialysis. This is my third year in nursing and dialysis. I have found my niche!

HN

This is one of my pugs, Skittle!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast