Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wahooooooooooo Dialysis...

Re: Wahooooooooooo Dialysis...

the 3 biggies...

2001, Fresenius payscale in Cincinnati, Ohio was $19-25/hr and 5 weeks vacation every year until year 5 when you got 6 weeks vacation, then at 10 years you max out at 7 weeks vacation every year, $1 more an hour for charge pay, $2 more an hour for evening shift "IF" the bulk of your shift was after 5pm, OT/holidays at time and a half, occassionally offers a bonus to pick up a non scheduled weekend shift.

2004, Gambro tells me they are paying me "above" the payscale as PT/PRN @ $26.70/hr, charge pay $1/hr additional AFTER the dayshift charge leaves, shift diff $0.50/hr additional "IF" the shift doesnt end until 8:30pm... and we're usually done by 7:30... which is why they only get one day a week of my time... and PT/PRN doesnt get vacation time... but the full timers get about 4 weeks vacation every year... OT/holidays at time and a half, occasionally a bonus for picking up a non scheduled holiday shift.

2002, DCI...had to negotiate a payrate of $23.02, charge pay was $1/hr additional, shift diff was $1/hr additional, 2 weeks vacation per year, insurance...they are self insured and reject ALL claims... OT paid at time and a half, holidays are paid at time and a half FOR 8 HOURS ONLY, even if you are a 12 hour person...what are bonuses?!?!?

in cincinnati, if you want to get paid anything, agency is the only way to go...

New Dialysis nurse starting in April.....been doing critical care......can't wait for the change seems like all who go into dialysis stay there....I will be doing acute/chronic in a hospital setting.....can't wait until I understand all the machines you guys are mentioning right now all sounds like chinease

THis is new to me... not sure how to navigate around... HOw do I get the word out that we are in desperate need of nurses at our centers in Leesburg, Florida????!!!!

NUT

Hi cdmhnut welcome to the forums. I was just up in Leesburg for the biker thing a couple of months ago. Got caught in that miserable rainstorm on Saturday out in the national forest. You have one nice little town there. Very hospitable. My wife who also rides and myself are probably going up there for a long weedend this summer.

Re your question, are you a recruiter?

O_S

Dear O_S,

Perhaps I saw you at bike week!

I am not a professional recruiter, but I am a professional assisting in the recruitment process, knowing that there is a great need here. Are both you and your wife RNs?? If you will be coming for a weekend this summer, we would sure like to meet you. Give us a call 352.728.1153.

NUT

LOL . . . yeah, I was the guy in the black leather jacket.

Thanks, I'll keep you in mind.

O_S

check out www.renaltravelnurse.com a new website for the Dialysis travel professional. There is a forum there as well!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123