Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: name your favorite revenge...!

name your favorite revenge...!

don't get mad...get even!!!

let's face it... we've ALL met at least one...

you know, that idiot who just graduated from the Demi-God Asscademy of Medicine... the one who looks down his nose at you and thinks you don't know your head from a hole in the ground?!?

What do YOU do (WELL within the scope of your nursing practice) to let him know he needs to show up in the morning on the nursing unit with a box of doughnuts?!?

my personal favorite...that 3a.m. page requesting a tylenol order!!! then getting your co-workers to intermittently page for similar orders...!
    The nice thing about the AMEDD [Army Medical Department] is that nurses & MD's are on the same officer rank structure. Therefore, scenarios do exist where MD's & nurses are of the same exact rank, or a nurse can even out rank an MD. Of course, the Doc-nurse-patient relationship in the military is similar to civilian side but at least on a more equal footing, if you know what I mean. This is one of the positives of being a nurse Soldier.

Member Extraordinaire

Re: name your favorite revenge...!

The tylenol order works quite well...you want to be called? well let me call you then. I got chewed out by a doc a couple of weeks ago. He was having a bad day and so was I but then when I wouldn't do something against policy to "help him out as a friend" he got mad at me. He later did say he was sorry and I was right but before he did that he told me he wouldn't sign orders I wrote as routine. I said fine then I won't write routins for you I'll call you.

We've recently gotten resident DO's and some of them have docitis. Like call upstairs and tell them I'll be there in a minute....there's the phone you call them do I look like I'm not busy? Where's the ..... go get them for me...they are in that cabinet go get them yourself... No I have no problem getting something for someone who asks or is in a real need but not to fetch because someone is too lazy to get it themself.

Anonymous

What usually works for me.. Is this.. If I don't get what I think my patient needs i.e. pain meds or a surgical consult for steal syndrome.. I just tell the MD. I'll be charting MY findings and the fact that YOU were called and ordered NOTHING..

Works like a charm

WR,,, three commas for Becca

OK, you do not want to call the doc at 0100 for a tylenal order. so the next day you get your but chewed out. will we call him at 0200 for every order request that most docs would not care about. We would save every thing till 0200. He got the idea real quick.

Anonymous

Sorta like the day nurses who used to call me at 1100 and say "Are you still in bed"..Wanting me to work for them or something like that.. So I started calling them at 0200 and telling them I'm awake why aren't you...Hehehehe

Next favorite revenge.

Practical jokers beware. If some one pulls a practical joke on you, NEVER repay it in the near future. Always act in a way they think you are getting ready for payback. But do nothing. Always remind them of their practical joke, and do nothing. Make them nerves for months. Create an air of paranoia where they never know when to expect being repaid, for months and months. Paranoia, what a great payback!!!

WanderingRN
    You are so bad, but don't you just love it!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

Ya man ,,,You go guy...LOLLL

Member Extraordinaire

I am good at the paranoia for the jokers. I usually don't pull the jokes myself but make them up and my co-horts do the pulling. Here's a good one if anyone works nursery/peds it's a heart stopper you have to have a good actor too. It's called "drop the baby" DO NOT perform when any parents are around; get baby blankets and roll them up to baby size then wrap another blanket around the roll and top with a knit baby cap. Then when the prankie walks in walk with your "baby" towards them and when just not close enough trip and "drop your baby" You see prankies stop and drop their mouth wide open, dive for the baby etc it's a real good one.

Anonymous

Cassss you are bad to the bone... But I love it....LOLLL

We always liked toilet papering the NM's office.. And putting the skelton in her chair..

We had to take down the texas caths at Chrismas time.. The unit secretary didn't think they made good decorations.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast