Thread: The STRESS

Unhappy The STRESS

I am currently enrolled in a CNA class. I think I really am gonna like doing this but I have one problem. Eight years ago and woman filed charges on me for assault and battery. She was angry over a man who is now my husband. Anyway, the charges were false and I was going to fight her since I had witnesses. She dropped the charges but they remain on my record. My record shows I never went to court or was convicted. Will this hurt me in looking for a job? Can't afford to have it explunged. What are my chances?:confused: Oh and should I drop out of the class?

Re: The STRESS

Typically what employers look for is a conviction (Your mileage may vary, of course), so, an arrest without a conviction usually isn't a bar to employment. Unless, of course, I'm wrong, and I stand to be corrected.
    "Doc"
    No, I'm not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV.
    I'm a biker, and my M/C's EMT, hence: "Doc"
    Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

The record should speak for itself. If anything should really come of it in the long run, sit down with your Supervisor and explain it. Best yet, be honest about the situation, and state what you have told us. Perhaps in time, this can be cleared up; the sooner, the better.

I'd contact a private investigator, find out what kind of criminal background check is going to be run. Getting it expunged is your best course of action, hands down.

Find out if it will show up at all. If not, apply without a second thought and honestly say you haven't been "convicted" of a crime.

If it will, you should address it early, spend the money to get it expunged (it will save you lots of grief later down the road).

It's a fact that a lot of people lie on applications, some get caught, some don't. It's a decision you need to make. Be honest and risk getting passed over for a job (violent crimes will certainly cause problems for a nursing assistant), or lie and risk getting fired with cause down the line.

Again, the best course of action is save up the money and get it expunged.

Best wishes,

Andrew Lopez, RN
    Nursefriendly, Inc. A New Jersey Corporation.
    38 Tattersall Drive, Mantua New Jersey 08051
    Nursefriendly.com, A National Nursing & Consumer Health Directory info@nursefriendly.com ICQ #6116137, AOL “nursefriendly”
    856-415-9617, (fax) 415-9618