Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Grad and working in the ED

New Grad and working in the ED

Hi everyone,
    I just found this website a couple of days ago and thought I'd see what it is all about. It is great to have a forum for ED nurses. I am also a paramedic and I know of a few sites for medics, but haven't seen any specifically for ED nurses. I have worked in a large ED for 4 years as a tech. I would love to hear from any ED nurse who has some knowledge/humor about their experiences working in the ED.

Anonymous

Re: New Grad and working in the ED

OMG Jilly .. You've open a can of worms..LOLLL I can't wait to see put pops out....It's gonna be a wild ride..Thanks..

WR,,, three commas for Becca

I have already read some hilarious posts. Just when you think you have seen/heard it all..............

Anonymous

Ok this is not an ED experience..I ain't smart enought to work ED..Ask my enemies they'll tell ya..LOLLL

Years ago another LPN and I went into a patient's room.. The patient was a BIG DUDE.. BIG DUDE.. He was on bedrest. Complete BEDREST..This was before DRG's. He said 'I have to go to the BR.. I was a new LPN and so was she.. So she handed him a urinal.. He said NO you don't understand ..I HAVE TO GO TO THE BATHROOM.. She handed him the urinal and we left... Later he rang his light and asked us to empty the urinal..My friend was kinda scared of him so I went with her .. He had ... how should I put this,, oh Hell He sh** in the urinal.. I almost peed in my pants.. It looked just like a chocolate covered banana.. I've never been able to figure out how he got it in the right place... I told my friend I suppose you should chart that as a 'formed brown stool.""

Maybe you had to be there...

I reviewed my previous post and I swear I wasn't drinking when I misspelled it...

OMG! How did you keep a straight face? I am pretty good about keeping my emotions in check, but I probably would have lost it and laughed my *ss off.

Anonymous

I didn't say we didn't giggle..OMG I can still see the specimen.. Curved and all.... just over the rim of the urinal..'''LOLLLL

Actually, I think the patient thought it was funny too and that he'd showed us.......He wasn't much older than we were..

WR,,,three commas for Becca

ewwwwwwwww! I bet that was nasty! Did you tell anyone else? I had a little elderly lady come up to me in the hall and said, "honey this is for you." It was her own feces. She was very proud of herself. That was my last semester of nursing school and that was one of the funniest things that happened to me all semester.

Hi Fellow ER nurses!!!!

I have worked in the Emergency Department almost two years now. I have caught that "bug" and wouldn't consider doing anything else. Currently, the hospital I work for is working towards being a Level 2 or 3 Trauma Center. We should get some very interesting situations. As of now, we do get circumstances I would love to share such as a hair nose trimmer stuck in a rectum...hmmmm...trimming the butt hairs? Or just having a little fun with a battery operated item? lol...Better yet, a nice police officer thought the 911 call was great and shared a taped version of it with us. And I guess a guy just wanted to have a little fun with his trimmer....geeezzz who wouldn't?
    I hope to read some more interesting stories!

Anonymous

Oh it wasn't "messy" at all very formed nicely centered and all..

It never ceases to amaze me the things that people put into their bodies. Usually they have some dumb story that they made up that doesn't fit the injury. It does make things a little interesting, doesn't it? But a nose hair trimmer??????????????/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast