Thread: freedom of speech part deux

freedom of speech part deux

does this forum have "total" freedom of speech? on other forums they close them if the "super" moderators find them offensive.

Cool Re: freedom of speech part deux

We are all adults here. Even those certain individuals have just been down right belligerent in their posts and have made it a point to point out individuals, such as myself, and try to humiliate us.... they do have a right to be heard. It does not bother me one little bit. It actually proves that my posts have hit a nerve with this one certain person. Eventually this person will dig himself into a hole that is so bloody deep he will not be able to get out of it. The most compassionate thing we can do is to just fill the hole it mate

Re: freedom of speech part deux

The Rubber Room Forum is is for crying, whining, bickering, shouting, name calling, complaining, accusing, etc. If you want to do any of the above, do it here.

Therefore, most of the time I will ... look the other way when it comes to this Forum & my Mod duties. However, if anyone gets really carried away PLEASE report it.

Cary James Barrett, RN, BSN

Quote Originally Posted by hsieh
    does this forum have "total" freedom of speech? on other forums they close them if the "super" moderators find them offensive.

You're free to get into whatever you want in this forum but we may moderate posts with swearing, bad personal attacks on other members etc.

We would like to keep threads in other forums on topic as much as possible. Rather than close controversial posts that members ARE participating in I'll move them here in the future. How's that?

Quote Originally Posted by medi
    You're free to get into whatever you want in this forum but we may moderate posts with swearing, bad personal attacks on other members etc.

We would like to keep threads in other forums on topic as much as possible. Rather than close controversial posts that members ARE participating in I'll move them here in the future. How's that?
    Two different Mods with same single thought... thus Army of One
    Cary James Barrett, RN, BSN

I appreciate the freedom that this forum format allows. The moderators on this forum do not censor it to death!
    I know exactly the forum hsieh is talking about, and I agree, we are adults here.
    I stopped going to the other forum partly because when I was in school, my nickname reflected that- and whenI graduated and I changed my working role, I wanted to modify my nickname to reflect that.
    I had all these moderators emailing me saying I was trying to have more identities than I was allowed, ect.
    This may seem silly, but even after explaining that it was an innocent change, they said nasty little digs like "they could ban me from participating, ect"-and it hurt my feelings.
    (silly, but I was kinda proud of my new role, ya know)
    So, I accidentally bumped into this forum, and I don't participate in the other one.
    I was kinda tired of seeing the moderators down to moderating each other, anyway.
    :cool:

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Peekaboo, I have seen that occur 'elsewhere', also. I don't mind the differences of opinion...heck, I welcome it! There have been one or two situations though, when a member or two have made an all out attack on other members via posts, PM's, etc. and something needed to be done. Otherwise.....I am proud of how everyone has conducted themselves.

'Cat'

That is sad, the attacks, ect. I consider the internet to be like any other community...it includes the good, the bad, the .....confrontational and anger management problems.
    If I have a need for stress, I will clock in to work.
    On the other hand, here...I know how to log out.
    :cool:

true, true..the reason i login on this site is i want to hear about the things that are important to me, and i can decide for myself whether or not it is reasonable. i want the person to lay it out there just as if we we're on a (gasp) smoke break. as i'm sure travelers run onto some of the same problems, this is how we can learn, and avoid those mistakes. so why not be up front about whatever the issue, the travel co. nor the facility is not going to warn you... and sometimes just blowing it off makes you feel better.where is the harm?

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

When the Forum Rules were updated, the following rule (#3) was deemed necessary:
    We can all learn from one another, and difference of opinion is allowed. However, let’s keep it civilized: No attacking, insulting, "flaming", or other abuse of fellow members, as this will result in infractions, Moderation, temporary Banning, or permanent Banning.

Other then that, this Forum is for 'sounding off'.