Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10 NURSES! Whats Going On In Nursing!!!!

Re: 10 NURSES! Whats Going On In Nursing!!!!

Hiring eh? High turnover? Peace and Namaste...........and you smoke? What yoga videos do you watch?

::snickers::

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tiredofthesystem
    Hiring eh? High turnover? Peace and Namaste...........and you smoke? What yoga videos do you watch?

::snickers::
    I do not smoke - and even if I did I wouldn't smoke in front of patients - however many psych patients smoke. We do not have a high turn over In fact I think we only had two people leave last year but our facility is growing ( we're adding a 20 bed unit for drug and alcohol rehab) and we do have positions open for people who haven't forgotten what nursing is about. Caring for people .

Also Peace and Namaste is not in relation to yoga at least not for me - I haven't been able to get my body into those positions since a near fatal motorcyle accident some years ago.

Peace to you and The Higher Power in me respects and acknowledges the Higher Power in you.

PS

I think maybe we should just agree to disagree - I'm willing to conceed that a lot of nurses probably don't like their jobs for lot's of reasons - By the way be careful with those Union Flyers because if the Union isn't behind your effort and you are not an employee at the hospital in question you'll just get yourself arrested -(Disturbing the peace) and if this place is a bad as you say then your girl will probably end up losing her job. Freedom of Speech doesn't allow you to pass out flyers on private property - best do it from across the street

Talking Re: 10 NURSES! Whats Going On In Nursing!!!!

"The reason I think there is a nursing shortage is because nobody wants to be worked like a dog."

There was a time when nursing was one of the top career choices for women. Over the years men have entered the field, but the majority of positions were still filled by women. However, as an increasing number of women entered the work force more career options opened up in other fields. With the opportunity to be anything from an engineer to a CEO, the number of professional women choosing a nursing career is dwindling, thus creating a critical shortage.

So those 13 RNs that I just posted were sitting in the right hand of Wonka Land and just losing track of time, embellished in a very purple existence with hope of a better tomorrow?

::sheeeeeeeeeeesh Kimmie.. .I eggspect more awareness **** from a polished veteran..

::

Cool Re: 10 NURSES! Whats Going On In Nursing!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiredofthesystem
    So those 13 RNs that I just posted were sitting in the right hand of Wonka Land and just losing track of time, embellished in a very purple existence with hope of a better tomorrow?

::sheeeeeeeeeeesh Kimmie.. .I eggspect more awareness **** from a polished veteran..

::
    I do not know you therefore I do not expect anything of you and the same goes for you. It is up to the individual person to make and establish their career as a RN. No job is perfect, however how a person handles the imperfections in their career is vital regarding the level of satisfaction he or she receives from their job. Yes there are days when I have been fed up with my job but these days are few and far in between. I honestly can't imagine having another profession.

I can't help but wonder what type of alternative motive you have or what your agenda might be. For someone that dislikes the nursing profession as much as you do, and the fact that you are not a nurse, you spend a lot of time and energy posting on the nursing forum. I do respect your right to have your own opinion. It is one thing to have a difference of opinion with others here and another to be arrogant, rude and downright belligerent. We all need to keep this in mind when posting.

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar

Talking Re: 10 NURSES! Whats Going On In Nursing!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kimmiejs
    I do not know you therefore I do not expect anything of you and the same goes for you. It is up to the individual person to make and establish their career as a RN. No job is perfect, however how a person handles the imperfections in their career is vital regarding the level of satisfaction he or she receives from their job. Yes there are days when I have been fed up with my job but these days are few and far in between. I honestly can't imagine having another profession.

I can't help but wonder what type of alternative motive you have or what your agenda might be. For someone that dislikes the nursing profession as much as you do, and the fact that you are not a nurse, you spend a lot of time and energy posting on the nursing forum. I do respect your right to have your own opinion. It is one thing to have a difference of opinion with others here and another to be arrogant, rude and downright belligerent. We all need to keep this in mind when posting.
    So very well said

Peace and Namaste

hppygr8ful

Exclamation Re: 10 NURSES! Whats Going On In Nursing!!!!

I can't help but wonder what type of alternative motive you have or what your agenda might be. For someone that dislikes the nursing profession as much as you do, and the fact that you are not a nurse, you spend a lot of time and energy posting on the nursing forum. I do respect your right to have your own opinion. It is one thing to have a difference of opinion with others here and another to be arrogant, rude and downright belligerent. We all need to keep this in mind when posting. - Kimmiejs
    ---
    Kimmiejs - Thank you for such an excellent post.

Tiredofthesystem - This website that you so freely use is for those currently in the healthcare field, those interested in the healthcare field, or for those that advocate positively for the healthcare field in general. Where do you fall? BTW, the answer is obvious... you don't fall into any of the mentioned categories.

THIS THREAD IS CLOSED.
    Cary James Barrett, RN, BSN

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12