Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: products that cause positive etg

Talking Re: products that cause positive etg

I need help from everyone. I am a nurse in recovery on probation in CA. I was on prop 36 probation asnd completed that (1-1/2 years). I have been on BRN probation with no positive tests for 1-1/2 years. I was notified that I had 2 tests positive for alcohol 1 week apart on July 25 and Aug 1. I paid $50 to speak to their medical review Dr. and she found that there was nothing that I had come in contact with that would explain the false positives. I am a diabetic but was told that that wouldn't have anything to do with the EtG test. I now have to provide all the information I can to convince them that I did not drink. I also need to provide letters from people who know my character and my recovery. I have to do all this legwork to prove that I did NOT drink! I am livid. My license and job are in jeopardy because CompassVision chooses to use this test that is infamous for resulting in false positives! Does anyone know where there is any documentation available regarding this test that I might send them? I'd appreciate any assistance anyone can give me. Thanks so much,.

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar

Re: products that cause positive etg

I posted a list of products 13 pages here of common household products that contain alcohol. Also it's not Comapass Vision that insists on using this test it is the Board of nursing that orders what tests they want. There have been a lot of new developments on the etg scene - things are getting ready to change.

Question Re: products that cause positive EtG

I have just discovered this site and am amazed at what I am reading. I thought I was the only victim and then discovered 3-4 people in my Nursing Support Group had also had false positives. Now I find that it is a real problem virtually everywhere that the test is being used! My probation monitor is asking me to get letters from those knowing my recovery and my character to support my claim that I did not touch any alcohol!!!! I have made copies of the SAMSHA Advisory from last month and can't believe they can use this test. Does anyone have any documentation regarding the fact that this test is not FDA approved? I would appreciate hearing from anyone that cares--I feel so alone in this.

Cool Re: products that cause positive etg

Just curious--why doesn't my name show up on the member's list?:confused: Oh-I sent an e-mail to U.S. Healthtests re: their cartoon depiction of a drunk on their homepage "pushing" EtG testing as the "Gold Standard" for alcohol detection I am getting so bold about this--CompassVision is next!!!!

Hello to all. I am new to this site. Started probation in June in CA and thought everything was going fine in my recovery and testing. Then a bomb dropped. I received a call from my probation monitor saying I had 3 positive tests back in Sept. and October!!!!!!!! They were all from etg, 1 level was 520, 1 was 640 and 1 was 720. I was blown out of the water and can't figure out what it was from. Foaming soap at work? Pete's coffee mocha? Toradol injection containing 10% alcohol? perfume or perfumed lotion? I need some help and support. I got kicked out of diversion because I had 3 relapses on pain medication. I haven't used anything and can't afford any positive tests with my history. Any insights?
    Thanks, Nurse 2363

Welcome to the group, you need to post this to the yahoo group etg. It is my lifeline to help me get through etg problems. You are not alone. Go to yahoo look on the left side for groups etg. If you want you can e - mail me directly. jhartman32001@yahoo.com
    Julie

This link is very comprehensive in everday products that may cause positive EtG.
    http://householdproducts.nlm.nih.gov...tbl=chem&id=26

Hope this helps someone.

Hello. I am a nurse in Pa with a positive Etg and need help. I have linked to all of the sites posted about the testing, I would like to speak with anyone specifically from Pa about the DMU program.

Be xareful what you use in recipes. I normally use a cheap wine to cook with some of my roast recipes. It caused a positive ETG.

Follow The Money...hubert

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12