Thread: me gain with an update

me gain with an update

I sent a post a few months ago about my being in recovery for 8 years and in nursing school with a criminal record.I jut thought I would give you an update. I spoke with a lawyer beacuse in mystate if you have more than one charge, you are stuck with it for life.(I have 2 one misdeamor and one non conviction felony.) well the lawyer said that my charge of conspiracy is not a conviction and for me to tell the truth that I was in an abusive realtionship with an addict that was involved in criminal activity and as a result of living in the same household and being married, I was charged with conspiracy 12 years ago. Do you think I will have a problem geting a job if I am honest? I hate repeating my past all over again but if you look at me now reamarried with 2 beautiful toddlers 8 years clean and sober, I have been 7 years at my present job as a events planner and jut bought a new home. based on your experience, Does anyone think after I graduate, I will have a problem finding employment or should I quit school and throw in the towel? Thank you for listening me

Re: me gain with an update

Only way to be sure is to check with the State Board of Nursing. They'll be making the decision to grant you a license when you're done with school.

If it is going to be a problem, I'd rather find out about it early on.

Andrew Lopez, RN
    http://www.4nursing.com

thank you I have already checked with my BON they said no problem since it is not a conviction and its ben so many years. Will someone hire me?

If you can get a license I dont see why you cant find a job. If you want to move forward dont look back. I dont see any reason to offer information about your past personal life to future employers. Most employers seek information about prior employment. Most employers hire new grads. Sounds like you are off to a great fresh new start. Take your past stick a fork in it and bury it.