Thread: Listen to INSECURE?Wheres everyone at?

Listen to INSECURE?Wheres everyone at?

I just need feedback on this one since no new threads are in today. RE:At the hospital I work at we have "Externs" come in (MA externs) There is one extern in particular that is bilingual and a very fast and accurate worker who has been taught very well at her school or something and she seems to be a very sweet caring person all the patients seem to really like her she is o.k to me she gives me no problem she actually helps out alot But my co-workers RN and LVN seem to dislike her she comes from a foreign country but speaks very well english anyways we all have "titles" , but we all are in the same healthcare enviroment (we all help those who seek medical attention) Now I have been in the healthcare settings for about 5 years and I always give "Praise" wherever it is do, so why does it seem that one someone is really good at what they do why cant we just let them know by a even a small comment like "Hey good job!" or "Keep up the good work!", would'nt that brighten your day?(even though it is going well) does anybody cause you to have jealousy or insecurity? Because in many ways I see it happening in this picture sorry I did'nt give all the details but please answer HONESTLY!

Smile Re: Listen to INSECURE?Wheres everyone at?

Quote Originally Posted by hija de dios
    I just need feedback on this one since no new threads are in today. RE:At the hospital I work at we have "Externs" come in (MA externs) There is one extern in particular that is bilingual and a very fast and accurate worker who has been taught very well at her school or something and she seems to be a very sweet caring person all the patients seem to really like her she is o.k to me she gives me no problem she actually helps out alot But my co-workers RN and LVN seem to dislike her she comes from a foreign country but speaks very well english anyways we all have "titles" , but we all are in the same healthcare enviroment (we all help those who seek medical attention) Now I have been in the healthcare settings for about 5 years and I always give "Praise" wherever it is do, so why does it seem that one someone is really good at what they do why cant we just let them know by a even a small comment like "Hey good job!" or "Keep up the good work!", would'nt that brighten your day?(even though it is going well) does anybody cause you to have jealousy or insecurity? Because in many ways I see it happening in this picture sorry I did'nt give all the details but please answer HONESTLY!

I see nothing wrong in telling a person they have done a good job. I believe down deep we all like to hear that we are appreciated and no matter how meaningless some tasks might seem to be. It is important to remember when dealing with a person's health and well being that all tasks are treated like they are of the up-most importance.

Cheers

Re: Listen to INSECURE?Wheres everyone at?

Quote Originally Posted by hija de dios
    There is one extern in particular that is bilingual and a very fast and accurate worker who has been taught very well at her school or something and she seems to be a very sweet caring person all the patients seem to really like her she is o.k to me she gives me no problem she actually helps out alot But my co-workers RN and LVN seem to dislike her she comes from a foreign country but speaks very well english anyways we all have "titles" , but we all are in the same healthcare enviroment (we all help those who seek medical attention)
    I see it everyday... pretending not to understand what foreign nurses say, talking behind their back and making a big deal of everything just to annoy them. Sometimes is jealousy but the main reason is that some people need to believe they are superior to others. You should also know that there are many nurses who behave this way even with nurses born in the US especially if they are recent graduates. Take comfort in knowing that most people have to deal with this regardless of their profession and ethnicity.