Thread: LPN to RN, or LPN to BSN

LPN to RN, or LPN to BSN

I am graduating from LPN school in August and I am wondering if anyone has gotten their RN or BSN online after getting their LPN first. I also would like to know how long it took you to do it. I would especially like to hear from anyone who has gone through college network. Thanks!

Re: LPN to RN, or LPN to BSN

hi - this message is for Sherrieberrie. I was wondering whether you have received any responses regarding your email (LPN to RN/BSN online programs).
    Thank you,
    Suzana

I would like to tell you about my experience with University of Phoenix.Im an LPN who just started a few months ago with their Lpn to RN(ASN) degree.I love it....I can work full time and still take care of my classes to my schedule.I had to take out a loan since they dont do Government finacial aid for career track but if you back for your BSN then you can.They told me that since Excelsior actually gives your degree they cant offer AID to you. Now I checked Excelsior college too but Phoenix is alot easier to deal with.If you would like to discuss further you can email me if you like at sshannon81@yahoo.com.
    With the credits I have from LPN school It will take me less that a year and 1/2. I think thats great for all the extra time I will have and that I can work...I would never have benn able to work full time and go to school.You take one class at a time and they are about 5 to 7 weeks long depending on the class.I hope this helps some.Contact me if you have any questions about this school.

I have gone with the college network to obtain my BSN through ISU. I think it will work fairly well with my current situation. I am a little leery of publishing companies though.

Free no-obligation information about LPN to RN, or LPN to BSN programs offered by the College Network (the same outfit TXLVN just recommended) for those interested in getting information:
    http://www.college-net.com/nursing/medismartrn/

Boy, I would respond to YOUR posts just based on your profile pic! I love it!

Hello, I read your thread about the online lpn-asn program with University of Phoenix. Is it accredited? I didn't realize they had one. I haven't found any info on it. please help.