Thread: am I moving too fast?

Red face am I moving too fast?

I am a new RN working in the ICU with a background of 12 years experience as an LPN/LVN, including traveling nursing. I have always wanted to do something more than floor nursing. I have always wanted to do something more "professional" while staying in the healthcare industry. I am expecting my first child in April. I currently live in Northern California, however hoping to move back to Colorado within the next year. I was thinking of becoming a legal nurse consultant. I had a telephone interview with someone from Kaplan University this morning. It is a one year program. They told me there were unlimited avenues of employment for LNC. Does anyone know about this? Is is a good school? How difficult is the course? Are there a lot of opportunities for employment? Any help or advice would be appreciated. Also where is the live chat on this web-site?

Thanks,
    Lori

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Re: am I moving too fast?

I don't think you are moving too fast.

Kaplan is good, I hear. Besides Kaplan, there is: http://www.aalnc.org/onlinelearning/index.cfm Several modules are available right now. These should be a bit helpful, too.

As for the Live chat, the link is on the top bar, next to New Here?, and Home. Here is the link: FlashChat

'Cat'

Red face Re: am I moving too fast?

I Took Vickie Milazzo's Course In August And I Still Don't Have Any Attorney-clients Yet. I Am Hopeful Though. It Will Be Good As Soon As I Get My First Attorney.

Responding to the CLNC who took Vickie Milazzo's course:
    What are you doing to market yourself? Where are you marketing yourself? Are you marketing in a rural area, or city? I am planning to take the cours in October in Vegas. I would like to learn from your experiences. How aggressively are you marketing?

Ana a21chdchic

Also,
    Do you know of any 'circles', organizations, etc. that you can network in? Any professional organizations. I really think a person can do exactly what they want to do, if they market themselves properly.

Ana a21chdchic

hi i too am new to legal nurse consulting i have been taking the kaplan coarse for a month now and am almost finished with my first coarse of five, it is not that hard and it is very interesting. my problem right now is i am very discouraged i live in a rural area with very limited access to attorneys. i talked last night with a nurse in my state that is a lncc and she was very negative she has been doing this for many years and stated that it was so hard to get a job with an attorney unless you know someone. if anyone has any words of advice, suggestions or encouragement i would greatly appreciate it. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rnhart12 View Post
    hi i too am new to legal nurse consulting i have been taking the kaplan coarse for a month now and am almost finished with my first coarse of five, it is not that hard and it is very interesting. my problem right now is i am very discouraged i live in a rural area with very limited access to attorneys. i talked last night with a nurse in my state that is a lncc and she was very negative she has been doing this for many years and stated that it was so hard to get a job with an attorney unless you know someone. if anyone has any words of advice, suggestions or encouragement i would greatly appreciate it. thanks
    It sounds like to me that this area of specialty requires agressive marketing.