Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can someone please...........

Can someone please...........

Can someone please Hold me?

Can someone please...........

dude....... get a teddy bear.

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar

Re: Can someone please...........

Well since you are attached to a significant other and so am I. I won't go as far as to hold you but if you want some prayers and good wishes I'll send them your way. BTW I don't think your a bad guy - I believe that when it comes to your frustration about your GF's situation you truely do have a goal of change for nurses and they're working conditions. But please remember that nurses are treated far better today than they were years ago. My grandmother was a nurse and she told me stories about doing hospital laundry and cleaning rooms, of having to wear a uniform that weighed 14 lbs and had to starched and pleated by hand, of not being allowed to sit while on the job. Of having to defer to doctor's as if they were God. If you weren't married you had to adhere to strict morality codes and live an almost monastic existance. So you see nursing has come a long way! Does it have further to go? Of course! However there are soo many different areas of nursing to allow yourself to be miserable at work. I don't remember how much experience your GF has but she could very easily try some different area (of nursing) - if she doesn't like it she can always go back to med surg. That right there is the beauty of this calling. Nursing is in fact a calling which can be a very satisfying career. If you want to help take the load off for her try having her come home to a hot bubble bath and while she's relaxing cook dinner, if you can't cook (my husband can't boil water to save his life) order something. I know sitting down to a meal that I didn't have to cook and don't have to clean up after is the best foreplay (oops did I say that) there is.

Peace and Namaste

Hppygr8ful

Is med surge easy?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiredofthesystem
    OK, here are some ways to help your girlfriend unwind after a long day at the hospital. After pampering her for a bit she will definitely hug you

1. Coming home to a clean home. There is noting more disheartening after a long day at work to come home to a messy house. It drives me crazy.

2. Have a nice meal ready. I have to agree there is nothing better than sitting down to a nice meal after working all day at the hospital and not having to clean the dishes.

3. Warm Bubble bath by candlelight

4. Massage, including a foot massage.

5. Be a good listener. Just being able to vent to someone that will not interrupt or judge you is very therapeutic. It helps to get problems from work off your mind. Having a person that will listen for about 10 or 15 minutes helps more than you will ever know.

6. A nice glass of wine, an apple martini, Green tea... etc, some soothing music, if she likes to read a nice book helps to relax the soul and mind.

Member Extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by kimmiejs
    OK, here are some ways to help your girlfriend unwind after a long day at the hospital. After pampering her for a bit she will definitely hug you

1. Coming home to a clean home. There is noting more disheartening after a long day at work to come home to a messy house. It drives me crazy.

2. Have a nice meal ready. I have to agree there is nothing better than sitting down to a nice meal after working all day at the hospital and not having to clean the dishes.

3. Warm Bubble bath by candlelight

4. Massage, including a foot massage.

5. Be a good listener. Just being able to vent to someone that will not interrupt or judge you is very therapeutic. It helps to get problems from work off your mind. Having a person that will listen for about 10 or 15 minutes helps more than you will ever know.

6. A nice glass of wine, an apple martini, Green tea... etc, some soothing music, if she likes to read a nice book helps to relax the soul and mind.
    I'll take #1,2,4
    I don't worry too much about 5 I live 30 miles from work which some people think is crazy but in my area it takes 20-45 minutes to and from depending on time of day so good music or book on tape works by the time I've made the drive it's done but if I get home and the house is a mess (I don't require white glove but come on do I have to point out the trash is full and the dishes are growing things???)
    Here's another #7 if kids are involved make sure they've had dinner and homework is done if you're home first or there all day
    #8 laundry that is folded not just left in the dryer is a good thing
    #9 don't come up with "things" to do without checking first.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiredofthesystem
    Don't you need to hold & comfort your GF?
    Cary James Barrett, RN, BSN

Member Extraordinaire

I wanna talk about me, I wanna talk about i
    Wanna talk about number 1 oh my, me, my,
    What I think, what I like, what I know, what I want, what I see.
    I like talkin about you, you, you, you usually, but occasionally
    I wanna talk about me! (me, me, me,) I wanna talk about me-e-e. (me, me, me)

Quote Originally Posted by cassioo
    I wanna talk about me, I wanna talk about i
    Wanna talk about number 1 oh my, me, my,
    What I think, what I like, what I know, what I want, what I see.
    I like talkin about you, you, you, you usually, but occasionally
    I wanna talk about me! (me, me, me,) I wanna talk about me-e-e. (me, me, me)
    That basically sums it up about the oh so "Tired" one. It's all about ME,ME, ME.Someone needs a warm glass of milk and needs to start going to bed a wee bit early don't ya think. I know I have grown tired of the "Tired" ones rantings and carrying on like a little school girl. You are so right. With the "Tired-One" it is not about his GF, it is all about ME,ME,ME

Moving this Thread to the Rubber Room, LOL
    Cary James Barrett, RN, BSN

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast