Thread: A question for my brothers and sisters in sobriety

Question A question for my brothers and sisters in sobriety

I have been very happy at my office job-----until the new nurse supervisor came along. Now my normal "bubbly" personality is "wired", if I tone down I am "depressed". I was told I am not a team player and a few other not so nice things. However, my co-workers all like me! There has NEVER been a pt complaint about me and the doctor I work for trusts me. NOW I am not so happy. I am wondering---should I continue to work in a hostile environment where I don't feel appreciated? Keeping in mind now, I have only been clean and sober for three years and have only been off BON probabtion 9 months. ANY suggestions whould be greatly appreciated

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar

Talking Re: A question for my brothers and sisters in sobriety

Quote Originally Posted by ladybug42
    I have been very happy at my office job-----until the new nurse supervisor came along. Now my normal "bubbly" personality is "wired", if I tone down I am "depressed". I was told I am not a team player and a few other not so nice things. However, my co-workers all like me! There has NEVER been a pt complaint about me and the doctor I work for trusts me. NOW I am not so happy. I am wondering---should I continue to work in a hostile environment where I don't feel appreciated? Keeping in mind now, I have only been clean and sober for three years and have only been off BON probabtion 9 months. ANY suggestions whould be greatly appreciated
    This could be a case of that old "Stinkin Thinkin" My question is if it is this one new person in the office that is causing you to feel this way? Remember that in all our affairs we must concentrate on the similarities we share with others not the differences. Do you still go to meetings and work with a sponsor? It may be appropriate at this time to rework your steps with regard to this new situation. Remember nothing can disturb you unless you allow it to. Also you level of serenity is inversely proportional to your expectations. I can't tell you what to do but I would suggest that you pray on it and God will give you the answer you seek. Remember to pray only for the knowledge of His will and the power to carry that out.

Hope this helps

Peace and Namaste

Hppygr8ful