Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Med Assist to LPN

Re: Med Assist to LPN

Quote Originally Posted by kidbunchmom View Post
    I do not understand your answer. I am presently a MMMMMMMMMed. Assistant but do all the same work as the LPNs but not get the pay. I love helping and working with people. I find at times the Doctor's asking for my assistance with patients rather than the LPNs because they tend to lack the experience required for IVs, Venipuncture, X-Rays and such.

All the same work as LPN's... ??? Do you incorporate ADPIE in your daily workload??? Before you pass meds???? Just curious....
    J. Smith, L.P.N

Quote Originally Posted by nursefredrick View Post
    Where in Missouri do you live exactly??? I live there too. Clinics here (where I am.) only hire LPN's. I have my associates in Medical Administration/Assisting(before I got my LPN, which none of the credits or classes transferred for)....and all I got with that was a secretary job- I know my friend did the same thing, she got to take vitals every now and then though....

Also. You don't have to be an LPN first. You can go to a 2 year RN program straight out of high school or whatever you want. You could even go 4 years and get your BSN.... you don't have to be an LPN first. Really, it makes it harder if you are. LPN bridge programs are scarce, and I would have to start all over to be a BSN.
    I live close to Sedalia, and the school's that are within 50 miles of me only offer the LPN program then you can get your RN. It's really stupid but I really don't have a choice living where I do.

Quote Originally Posted by ER GIRL View Post
    I live close to Sedalia, and the school's that are within 50 miles of me only offer the LPN program then you can get your RN. It's really stupid but I really don't have a choice living where I do.
    It is a small world huh? I live near Boonville. I went to LPN school in Boonville. Have you lived around Sedalia long??? State Fair Community College has an LPN program as year one, then if you choose you can go on to year two and be an RN. It is your choice. I plan to go there for my RN.

Warrensburg also has some kind of LPN to RN program, I know a couple of people that did that. You can also check into online classes. I live closer to Columbia than Sedalia, but I plan to go to SFCC, just becuase it is easier to get in.

I have actually applied to Marshall LPN program. I will know something within a few weeks. If I get accepted there I will get my RN at State Fair in Sedalia. I have always heard SFCC was hard to get into thats why I choose Marshall. \
    Quote Originally Posted by nursefredrick View Post
    It is a small world huh? I live near Boonville. I went to LPN school in Boonville. Have you lived around Sedalia long??? State Fair Community College has an LPN program as year one, then if you choose you can go on to year two and be an RN. It is your choice. I plan to go there for my RN.

Warrensburg also has some kind of LPN to RN program, I know a couple of people that did that. You can also check into online classes. I live closer to Columbia than Sedalia, but I plan to go to SFCC, just becuase it is easier to get in.

Smile Re: Med Assist to LPN

Quote Originally Posted by hsieh View Post
    with your tech skills as a MA with your RN you could prob find a job in surgery clinic. orthopedics clinic. with your RN and your MA background you would be preferred for those nice paying RN jobs in the one's i just listed. i think you would be very marketable with a RN and MA background. if you went LPN then you would still be very maketable and paid more. i don't think MA credits transfer to nursing school - unless you're talking anatomy and physiology. you will be paid more and very marketable so i would go for it.
    Hi!
    You already have anatomy, terminology, pharmacology,and some administrative training, so why not consider the administrative side of nursing?

Just an idea!

Nancy
    MT Advantage
    MySpace.com - Sterlz - SOMERSWORTH, Noord-Holland - Disco House - www.myspace.com/sterlz
    Medical Transcription Training - Coding and Billing -- Advanced Medical Transcriptionist, Medical Coding and Medical Billing Training Online School)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12