Thread: Respect in America and work place

Respect in America and work place

OK this is a spin of from the Mike Mooreon Thread

There is a growing lack of respect in many areas. I think some times adults confuse assertiveness with rudeness.I have seen here in the work place, nurses being rude many departments with demands. They feel they are being assertive. I think they are just flat out rude. There is no "please" or thank you" in their conversations, just demands for things now. Being demanding does not get things done quicker unless you are the CEO. It just pisses off people, and pissed off people work slower.

Ops!! I am ranting again, excuse me PLEASE! Thank you.

Re: Respect in America and work place

LOL! Hi Epi...you aren't respecting the opinion of those people (like myself) who appreciate someone asking questions when you call Mike Moore a Mooreon! LOL. I am just kidding!

I am sick of people in the community that are so disrespectful. Cassioo mentioned the drive thru. It's every place that people provide "customer service". It makes me sick to go somewhere to eat and the people are rude to me. I am paying their salary. I worked in food service when I was younger and I was fully aware that my job depended on my ability to be polite and fully cater to the customers. Especially when I was waiting tables. People now just seem to enjoy being rude. There is a gas station/store about a block from us and we do not go there anymore just because of the night cashiers attitude. She has badmouthed customers in front of other customers openly! She enjoys arguing with people. I have a Visa logo ATM card from Navy Fed, but for some reason, it will only run as credit if I am using a debit/credit machine. I know this because I have tried to use it as debit many times. I paid for a purchase with it at this store and told her that it needs to run as credit. She looks at it and says "It says check cad, it will run as debit" I told her that it would not. She disagreed with me and then said "Well, whatever, I don't care how you pay for it as long as you pay for it" I thought this was incredibly rude!

I could go on about this for days. It makes me sick to my stomach just thinking about how rude people enjoy being. You know, I am a smoker, and although I miss smoking in restaraunts, I understand why we can't do it anymore. If I am around non smokers, I don't smoke. I might really want a cigarette, but I also really don't want to bother another person that doesn't want my cigarette! I'm not perfect and I can be rude too, but it seems as if some people just wake up and wonder how many people they can be rude too.

I'm ranting too...so this can just be a ranting topic!!!

Member Extraordinaire

Now you went and did it opened a whole can of worms.... THANK YOU

see it made it better I said thank you LOL Have you seen the commercials trying to teach people that saying thank you makes it all better? If you haven't it has 2 women in the produce section and one rubs the others belly and say oh when are you due? the other says I"M NOT PREGNANT. The first gets a funny look on her face and says Thank You and they both laugh...there's another with a couple at a resturant she says aren't we ever going to get married? He says Thank you and she forgets her question.

Yes, I've seen that one! It's a Citigroup commercial and I despise it...lol. I like the idea that "Thank You" means a lot, but man, I wish all of the people on TV would fire their Ad execs. This is just the complaining thread I guess. I sure do sound like a grump!
    On the other hand, they can't all fire them. Because I laugh my butt off everytime those commerical about credit card fraud come on. I think the one with the guy talking about having the prettiest house in the whole de-vel-op-ment is the funniest thing. My husband hates them though!

Well, that was a little off topic!

Thank you for talking about those adds. I laugh so hard when I see them. That one with the over weight, unshaven man talking like a women. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Respect is gone. People are so self indulged these days, that they really don't care about others. Often times they don't "have time" to go out of their way for anyone.

Thankfully, I live in the heartland of America where people on average are still pretty good. There are some places where people would just assume pee on you as look at you...

Here in Arkansas, you could be driving down a country road and people will wave at you. They do this just to be friendly. In the city, it is just like any other city. But, in the country areas people are great. I think they still understand that community is more than a place where you live.

Member Extraordinaire

I live in a small town (7000) with the next biggest town being 130,000 then it's over 2 hours to any city of real size with only corn fields inbetween. My husband is from a major city and when he first moved here he'd say who's that when people would wave...I don't know they just wave.

I do hate the you owe me attitude. I heard on of my patients on the phone today talking to another pregnant friend and she said well, have you called WIC they'll give you free formula. My opinion says yes they will give it to you it's a supplement not all the baby will need and it's there when you need it not to live off of then have your kids live off of then their kids too. (the whole system not just the WIC) Yes there is a time when people might need help but not for generations..and not give me mine now and to heck with anyone else.....getting late maybe I should stop while I'm ahead