Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LPN or RN?

Re: LPN or RN?

If you want to read some literature about the two options, I'd recommend these sites: http://www.nursingprograms.com/licen...ractical-nurse, http://www.nursingprograms.com/rn-registered-nurse

They outline the duties of LPNs and RNs really well and talk about education with the two.

Smile Re: LPN or RN?

Quote Originally Posted by HDMotorcop View Post
    I don't know about the second part of your post. Here in my area of NYS, that would be WAY off base. EMTs don't make squat. I did it for several years "while" working as an LPN. Made way more jing in nursing. That was 20 years ago...........guess what? It hasn't changed! I spent the last 18 years working as an LEO, stayed very close to my EMS roots, those folks make ZERO money.......even the Medics don't do to well. I just got back into nursing part time, in a docs office, and the going rate is what a Medic makes in my area. I could have gone with an agency and made more, but......travel, geri care and uncertain locations would be involved.......money would have been higher, but the other factors weighed in, plus in this docs office they are pushing me to learn new skills that were not part of my LPN program 20+ years ago, but now are within the scope of LPNs.

Next step........after getting well re-aquinted with LPNing, is an RN program (hopefully in a year or so...) THEN I might be able to RETIRE from law enforcement.

Ooopps! I forgot to mention.......what's so bad about taking the NCLEX a second time? I would think that you should be more at ease then, assuming adequate time was spent preparing. Every supervisory test I've taken after the first one was way easier....stress wise atleast.

I do not agree with on the part about taking the NCLEX, because why would anyone want to go thru that torture again. Also, you have to pay about $500.00 for it. In my opinion, its a headache. That's fine if that's what you think. On the other hand, EMTs like LPNs make different salaries according to the region.

Angry Re: LPN or RN?

Quote Originally Posted by SoonToBeNurse View Post
    There is Regis and the Denver School of Nursing. I'm pretty sure Regis has a very small, if any,wait. Denver School of Nursing has no wait. Both are pretty pricey however. Somewhere around $30K for RN

Good luck to you!

$30k, that's ridiculous!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12