Thread: starting a business

starting a business

Does anyone have suggestions regarding the business aspect of starting a new nursing service business. I find the business part foreign and scary. Any good books that have helped any of you? The SBA does have a website. Has anyone used their advice and formats? Is it difficult to get a provider number from Medicare and what sort of hassles and how long of time did it take to get a provider number? I live in California any thoughts or suggestions out there???

Re: starting a business

Contact Pat Bemis at the National Nurses in Business Association... www.nnba.net ...

I am a member, and Pat will be more than happy to supply you with all the info you need

Re: starting a business

Sounds like you're thinking about starting a nursing agency? If you're worrying about medicare provider numbers, etc you're looking at an expensive proposition.

Unless you've run a business before and have some serious capital, you might want to think about doing a per diem staffing agency first.

They are much cheaper to start up and finance. The SBA would be helpful for formulating a business plan and walking you through the steps involved in getting your business off the ground.

They referred me to a SCORE counselor that was excellent as far as keeping me focused.

You can find some helpful hands-on tips at http://www.howtostartanursingagency.com

How far along in the process of starting your business are you?

Andrew Lopez, RN
    http://www.nursingentrepreneurs.com