Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Our Most Pressing Concerns With Healthcare

Re: Our Most Pressing Concerns With Healthcare

Your most pressing concerns with the profession and healthcare: The most pressing concern with the nursing profession, is the increased risk of liability with the advancements in technology, and not enough authority to effect changes. Nurses today, are making the same assessments and decisions that Physicians were making 30-40 years ago. Physicians are becoming more of administrators of care, navigating the waters of insurances and just giving a final okay on most nursing assessments. It is my hope that someday healthcare will return back to being a profession for healers, and not insurance administrators.

Joseph Caracci, RN, BSN, MBA, Nursecorp.com, Nursing Agencies, Staffing Software Support, Arizona Nursing Entrepreneurs:"NursingCorp offers serious investors and entrepreneurs the knowledge and assistance needed to enter the nurse staffing industry. We provide assistance establishing health care staffing companies, and development of nursing based software solutions. Our product offerings include a complete Nurse Registry Business Package, Nurse Staffing Software for use by Hospitals and Nurse Registries, Business Consultation, and customized software development. To learn more about how we can assist you. The founder of NursingCorp.com is a former Co-founder and President of a large Phoenix AZ based Nurse Registry."
    Nursecorp.com
    503 W Myrtle Dr, Chandler AZ 85248
    Phone number: 866-211-1167
    Fax number: 480-361-7942
    E-Mail: jcaracci@nursingcorp.com
    http://www.nursingentrepreneurs.com/caracci

Your most pressing concerns with the profession and healthcare: Factors affect our healthcare costs and result in breaches in standards of care that affect our patients.

Donna M. Post, RN, BSN, MBA, HCM, CLNC, LNCP-C , Mid-Valley Legal Nurse Consulting, Inc., California Nurse Entrepreneurs, Legal Nurse Consultants:"Mid-Valley Legal Nurse Consulting has over 24 years of experience clinically and administratively, in cardiac, adult and pediatric critical care, and dialysis. Our experience extends to both the inpatient and outpatient settings. MVLNC provides effective identification of practice standards, regulatory standards, adherence and/or deviations to these standards. Our background provides our clients the added benefit of understanding healthcare infrastructure, budgets, and healthcare labor issues. This extensive experience allows for identification of medical and nursing issues in any case that involves health, illness and injury. The clients we serve are attorneys, insurance companies, healthcare facilities and others. At Mid-Valley Legal Nurse Consulting, our goal is to provide our clients with cost-effective, efficient, review and analysis – providing you with winning services while critically defending your bottom-line.
    2491 Alluvial #7
    Clovis, Ca 93611
    Phone: 559-294-7580 or 877-532-5676
    Email: midvalleylegalnurseconsulting@gmail.com
    http://www.mvlnc.com
    http://www.nursingentrepreneurs.com/post/

Your most pressing concerns with the profession and healthcare: Limited views on governing and decision making by administration about the nurses they employ.

Tracy McClelland, RN, MSN, Ycarte Health Career Center, Georgia Nursing Entrepreneurs:"Opening doors to the Nursing Profession is our primary concern. We are a nursing tutorial facility designed to assist our community by training healthcare professions with the most updated nursing information and training equipment. We focus on assisting individuals who want to advance in the healthcare profession, or begin with an entry level into healthcare. Our goal is to bring education to you in a comfortable non-threatening environment that allows for learning. Whether you are new to healthcare or desire to advance in this profession, we can provide you with the training you need."
    Tracy McClelland, RN, MSN, Ycarte Health Career Center
    North Pointe Plaza
    1214 North Peterson Ave. Suite P
    Douglas, GA 31533
    Phone: (912) 384-8680
    Fax: (912) 384-4390
    info@ycartehealth.org
    http://www.nursingentrepreneurs.com/mclelland

I think you guys are absolutly right! I am a new grad and I would love to work in the ICU but I am so glad I started out on a PCU unit. Our system put me through 3 months of internship with a preceptor. I had to take the PBDS before I started and after to see how much I have learned and all the interns had to take a lot of classes through the hospital during the internship. Although I know people who came right out of school and work in the ICU, I do believe that decision is a bit premature. When we graduate we don't really know what the reality of nursing is.

Your most pressing concerns with the profession and healthcare: Burn out, low-self esteem, nurses do not realize how powerful they are

View previous responses: http://www.nursefriendly.com/concerns/

Annette Tersigni RN, Yoga Nursing®:"I am the founder of Yoga Nurse Medical Yoga and Stress Management and am the creator of the enlightening new field of Yoga Nursing® and the Yoga Nursing Institute. Yoga Nursing is the marriage of modern nursing science with the ancient science of yoga. My programs are endorsed by lots of doctors and health care providers as a safe therapy to decrease pain and suffering and help folks to find peace instead of going to pieces. I have dedicated the past 16 years educating people around the world on leading healthier, spiritual lifestyles and with a dose of tough love and loads of laughter helped them to WAKE UP and GET CONSCIOUS NOW.

I am a sought after no barriers heart felt speaker, coach, teacher and writer and am featured extensively in the media including in the Associated Press and on NBC, CBS, Fox News affiliates and have been interviewed on national TV by Arielle Ford as one of America’s Experts. I am producing, writing, and acting in several DVD documentary/educational projects: I am training and coaching other nurses, yoga teachers and health professionals throughout the USA and Canada to be Yoga Nursing Therapists and I lead fantabulous Yoga and Juice fasting Makeover Retreats on the magnificent Pyrate laden Crystal Coast of North Carolina. My programs our hip, conscious, filled with hilarious humor, enlightening and designed to inspire and leave a legacy. This is the most prolific, jamming and juicy time of my life and I get to do it all by serving others. SERVING RULES!"
    Street Address: 103 short st apt. E
    Beaufort, North Carolina, 28516
    E-mail Address: theyoganurse@gmail.com
    Phone: 252.725.1924
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=629639595&v=info
    Homepage Address: http://www.yoganurse.com
    http://www.nursingentrepreneurs.com/tersigni

wow this is old

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working
    It still bears thinking about, right?

if that is where they want to work, we should give them the right to learn. they should stay on orientation with an experienced nurse until the experienced nurse thinks it's OK for them to handle things on their own. it's not right to trashtalk new nurses like this... you were a new nurse once too. now you're "eating your young". don't get me wrong, i'm an experienced ER nurse and i have concerns about new grads coming to ER as well, but they have the right to go through a proper orientation program and then if they do well, their preceptor can release them. if they are not cut out for critical care or ER, then the manager should be told after the orientation and the nurse helped to get a job in a different area.

"physicians are becoming more administrators of care"? Yeah right! whoever wrote this knows nothing about being an MD. the nurses are the administrators of care. the physicians just write the orders, interpret and order the tests... and half the time don't even look at the patient. what a crock.

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrner View Post
    "physicians are becoming more administrators of care"? Yeah right! whoever wrote this knows nothing about being an MD. the nurses are the administrators of care. the physicians just write the orders, interpret and order the tests... and half the time don't even look at the patient. what a crock.
    Amen to that! THEY write, WE administer the meds, the enema, the IV, treatments, etc.

Thank you for your comments, kdrner!

BTW, I have added to your board reputation.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast