Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What Made You Decide To Start Your Own Business

Re: What Made You Decide To Start Your Own Business

What made you decide to start your own business?: Career change/ challenge

Patrick Dupont BSN, CRNA, CLNC Alpha Medical-Legal Consulting, Inc.:"25 years as an RN including 22 years as a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) with extensive experience in anesthesia administration for surgical procedures including general, orthopedic, neurosurgical, cardiothoracic, vascular, ENT, GYN, trauma, plastic and reconstructive, cosmetic, interventional radiology, labor and delivery including administration and monitoring of labor epidurals, invasive line placement and monitoring, emergency airway management, outpatient and ambulatory surgical procedures, regional anesthetics, conscious sedation and post-anesthesia care.
    15585 Ocean Walk Cir. #113
    Fort Myers, Florida 33908 Phone: 239-297-9893, Fax: 239-425-1384
    amlc@roverusa.com
    http://www.nursingentrepreneurs.com/dupont

What made you decide to start your own business?: Seeking independence

Yaschica Stewart, BSN PMJ Medical Solutions:"Medical staffing agency providing permanent, temporary to permanent, per diem nurses, cna, other medical personnel to all medical facilities."
    1019 Old Monrovia Rd Suite 186
    Huntsville, Alabama (AL) 35805
    Phone number: 256-536-8076, Fax: 256-759-1873
    pmjmedicalsolutions@yahoo.com
    http://www.nursingentrepreneurs.com/stewart

What made you decide to start your own business?: The need to try to make a difference, and to see if I could make it on my own.

Angela Halley RN, BSN, CLNC, River View Legal Nurse Consulting:"We specialize in providing legal nurse consulting services to attorneys (plaintiff and defense), insurance companies, workman's compensation firms, and individual institutions for risk management services. Our firm has over 20 years of nursing experience in psychiatric, labor and delivery, pulmonary, neurology, medical/surgical nursing, and many areas of nursing management. River View Legal Nurse Consultants provides a time efficient and cost effective answer to your legal nurse consulting needs."
    64 Deenie Dr
    Bidwell, Ohio 45614
    Phone number: 740-245-9891, Fax number: 740-245-0153
    E-Mail: angelahalleyrn@wmconnect.com
    http://www.legalnursingconsultant.org/halley

Re: What Made You Decide To Start Your Own Busines

Having control of my income, cutting out the "middleman" and making a significant difference in the life of others as well as my own.

What made you decide to start your own business? Flexibility in scheduling; retirement of senior partner with whom I have worked for many years.

Michelle L. Callan Nurse-Attorney:"Medical-legal consulting and trial assistance to attorneys for Personal Injury and Medical Malpractice cases."
    13 Anchor Terrace, Rochester New York 14617
    Phone number: 585-266-6574
    Fax number: 585-266-6574
    mcallan1@rochester.rr.com
    http://www.nursingentrepreneurs.com/callan/

What made you decide to start your own business?: I started my first business to to fulfill a personal goal of Small Business Ownership, and the financial rewards. I started NursingCorp to be the culmination of all of my experience and skills, and to be a hallmark of all of my professional talents.

Joseph Caracci, RN, BSN, MBA, Nursecorp.com, Nursing Agencies, Staffing Software Support, Arizona Nursing Entrepreneurs:"NursingCorp offers serious investors and entrepreneurs the knowledge and assistance needed to enter the nurse staffing industry. We provide assistance establishing health care staffing companies, and development of nursing based software solutions. Our product offerings include a complete Nurse Registry Business Package, Nurse Staffing Software for use by Hospitals and Nurse Registries, Business Consultation, and customized software development. To learn more about how we can assist you. The founder of NursingCorp.com is a former Co-founder and President of a large Phoenix AZ based Nurse Registry."
    Nursecorp.com
    503 W Myrtle Dr, Chandler AZ 85248
    Phone number: 866-211-1167
    Fax number: 480-361-7942
    E-Mail: jcaracci@nursingcorp.com
    http://www.nursingentrepreneurs.com/caracci

Like Andy, I LOVE being my own boss, working in my PJ's and being home with my kids.

I put in 25 years as a Charge Nurse and Medical Fraud Investigator, so I figured NOW it's MY time! We vacation (even if it's a mini vacation) every 2-3 months and can vacation all summer if we choose.... ALL business write offs..

Linda/CMAS, BS, RN

What made you decide to start your own business?: A desire for independence. Opportunity to use my nursing education and background in a creative and innovative way. I needed to be able to work from home.

Donna Maheady, Ed.D., ARNP, ExceptionalNurse.com:"A resource network for nurses and nursing students with disabilities. We provide links to disability related organizations, mentors, employment opportunities, financial aid, continuing education, books, equipment, legal issues, research, related articles as well as support and career counseling.
    13019 Coastal Circle
    Palm Beach Gardens, Florida 33410
    Phone number: (561) 627-9872
    http://www.nursingentrepreneurs.com/exceptional

Andrew Lopez, RN
    http://www.nursinga2z.com

I decided to start my own business after 18 years in bedside nursing.
    My business is marketing dental and medical discount plans .
    The healthcare crisis in this country is horrible and this gives me an opportunity to help others while making money..

I needed more freedom and I wanted to control my own hours.
    I am currently working parttime in addition to my business, but my goals are to eventually leave bedside nursing completely.

Phyllis

Well, at 20 years old it didn't bother me that the hospital OWNED me and MY TIME! At 30 I started a Medical Cost Containment Corporation doing medical fraud reviews, certified medical auditing, legal reviews... which honestly owned ME more than ME owning it, and at 40-50, I decided to more follow my passion and have a business Tim and I could work from home, and we LOVE it. We have a life with Vacations now! LOL! Linda/CMAS, BS, RN
    Linda/CMAS, BS, RN *NOW stay at home MOM*!!!
    EMAIL - BizNurse@satx.rr.com
    AOL and Yahoo I.M. - TxBizNurse

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast