Thread: What Made You Decide To Start Your Own Business

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: What Made You Decide To Start Your Own Business

What made you decide to start your own business?: I have worked for an agency off and on for 10 years and finally decided I did not want someone taking a cut of what I made.

Patty Olson, RN, BSN, MBA, Independent RN Services, Wisconsin Nurse Entrepreneurs:"Independent contracting to hospitals. Specializing in ER and ICU."
    http://www.nursingentrepreneurs.com/olson

What made you decide to start your own business?: Desire to retire from bedside nursing and seek financial freedom

Kim Markuly, RN, Living Well Solutions:"Consulting and marketing business focused on true prevention with Wellness programs, products and services. Customizing and integrating proven Wellness programs for a wide range of healthcare providers, clinics and businesses interested in promoting health and preventing disease."
    5001 Spring Valley Road
    Dallas, Texas 75088
    markuly@nursefriendly.com
    livingwellsolutions.net
    http://www.nursefriendly.com/markuly

I, too, decided that I had spent many years making others wealthy--and wanted more control over my life. I also have a passion for non-toxic homes, and educating families about the dangers--and remedies. This is the most exciting time of my life--and I am contributing to society--and making retirement income!
    www.healthy.worldwidefamilies.com
    vennah haga,RN

More and more Nurses are starting to realize that you do not have to be an employee of someone else. As a Nurse, you can work in your profession and get paid a respectable rate. Nurses are the backbone of the medical world and offer an essential asset to this industry. It is time that nurses become aware that there are other nursing career options. Independent Nurse Contractor is one that more and more nurses are turning to for career fulfillment. Nurses are finding that they can double or even triple their income; increase their choices as to how often when and where to work, gain professional autonomy and increase over all job satisfaction. So get rid of the “middle man” and enjoy all the benefits offered in this exciting Nursing Career Opportunity. Visit http://www.independentrncontractor.com

What made you decide to start your own business?: Quite frequently patients are sent home without supportive healthcare services in place. Our mission is to fill this niche by providing private superior nursing services at affordable prices.

Victoria Pettograsso, LPN, BS, MS, Coastal Care Nursing Associates:"Private nurse ownership assures our patients of superior nursing care and personalization. Presently, we are expanding our horizons into the nurse registry-consulting field. We would like to help you set up your own nurse registry. Time saved in policy and procedure development can yield earlier profits."
    1525 S. Tamiami Trail Suite 603
    Venice, Florida 34285
    Phone: 941-492-4474, Fax: 443-342-2493
    CoastalCare@nursingentrepreneurs.com
    http://www.nursingentrepreneurs.com/pettograsso

What made you decide to start your own business?: Career change/ challenge

Patrick Dupont BSN, CRNA, CLNC Alpha Medical-Legal Consulting, Inc.:"25 years as an RN including 22 years as a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) with extensive experience in anesthesia administration for surgical procedures including general, orthopedic, neurosurgical, cardiothoracic, vascular, ENT, GYN, trauma, plastic and reconstructive, cosmetic, interventional radiology, labor and delivery including administration and monitoring of labor epidurals, invasive line placement and monitoring, emergency airway management, outpatient and ambulatory surgical procedures, regional anesthetics, conscious sedation and post-anesthesia care.
    15585 Ocean Walk Cir. #113
    Fort Myers, Florida 33908 Phone: 239-297-9893, Fax: 239-425-1384
    amlc@roverusa.com
    http://www.nursingentrepreneurs.com/dupont

What made you decide to start your own business?: Seeking independence

Yaschica Stewart, BSN PMJ Medical Solutions:"Medical staffing agency providing permanent, temporary to permanent, per diem nurses, cna, other medical personnel to all medical facilities."
    1019 Old Monrovia Rd Suite 186
    Huntsville, Alabama (AL) 35805
    Phone number: 256-536-8076, Fax: 256-759-1873
    pmjmedicalsolutions@yahoo.com
    http://www.nursingentrepreneurs.com/stewart

Why did I start my own Nurse Education business?

Well I wanted to do more than my facility would allow me as an educator to help nurses transition back to work. I wanted to do a customized program to help nurses returning to practice or changing areas of practice do so safely. I am glad to be able to provide this service even though it is not a lot of money in it, the rewards when a nurse refresher makes a successful transition back and is happy is very satisfying. I can say it was much harder to start a business than I expected and I work longer hours than on any job I have ever had. I have also learned more than they probably teach in any MBA program in the 10 years we have been in business.
    Yvette Cheeks
    Professional Healthcare Education Service Inc.
    www.phesonline.com
    877-313-7437 toll free
    281-313-7437 local
    "Empowering Nurses through Education"