In my case, it was a desire to spend more time with my wife and newborn child. I discovered that with my own business, I could earn enough to stay home more. Initially I made enough to stay home an extra day a week, then two and so on.

Here are what some other nurses have to say on why they started their own Nurse-Owned businesses.

Andrew Lopez, RN

What made you decide to start your own business?: To have more control of my work hours.

Kathryn Spilker RN, BSN, LNC, Lifeline Medical/Legal Consulting L.L.C.:"As Legal Nurse Consultants, we use our nursing experience, and knowledge of legal issues in preparing cases related to health care issues. Screen cases for merit, prepare chronologies, summaries, timelines and analysis of the medical records. Identify standards of care, causation issues, locate experts, research and review medical data and literature. Assist attorneys with all aspects of discovery and trial preparation. The success of your medically related cases relies on qualified, detailed, and accurate assessment of the facts.
3034 Ridgetop Ct., St. Peters, Missouri 63376
E-Mail: educate5@verizon.net
http://www.nursingentrepreneurs.com/spilker/