View Poll Results: What do you think of the site? BE HONEST!

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very informative...wish it was around when I started school

1 33.33%
  • It's ok, I see potential, but could use some work

2 66.67%
  • It's terrible. Won't help a soul.

0 0%

Thread: Opinions/Additions/Comments

Opinions/Additions/Comments

Hi everyone!
    I hope that you are all doing well. I have been enjoying my three week break from school, and yes I have slept as much as I said I would! It's been great!
    I've also been tinkering around with the website that I started last year. I started it as a page on my personal website, but I think I would like to go a little further with it. I'd like to do some more this week while I have time.
    I have found, in the last 7 years or so that I have been exploring nursing, that many people (like me) aren't really sure what the different degrees, titles, etc mean. I haven't posted it on here because I guess I'm not too confident in it yet. I started it and have never really been able to finish it.
    I'd like to add career profiles to it from some "real" nurses. Ideally, I'd like a CNA, LPN, RN (AS), BSN, MSN or any higher degrees. I'd like different specialities as well. If I create a questionnaire, would any of you be willing to fill it out so that I could post it on the website?
    Also, if you see something that is incorrect or something that should be added/removed, please let me know.
    Here's the website addy:
    http://www.angelfire.com/fl5/studentnurse
    I'm sorry for the pop-ups, I'm not ready to buy a domain and pay for hosting just yet. Maybe someday down the road!
    I'd really like your input about this site. Feel free to email me at kristycarberry@bellsouth.net in case I don't check in for a few days.
    Thanks everyone, you are all great!
    I hope this is ok that I posted it here, and that this is not considered spam. If it is, just let me know and we can delete it! I'm also going to post to the student lounge in case students don't check here.

Re: Opinions/Additions/Comments

Somebody? Anybody? Anyone out there? :-)

"I'd like to add career profiles to it from some "real" nurses. Ideally, I'd like a CNA, LPN, RN (AS), BSN, MSN or any higher degrees. I'd like different specialities as well. If I create a questionnaire, would any of you be willing to fill it out so that I could post it on the website"

I'll be honest with you...completely.

I WOULD say, that it is a really good site, BUT, there is no link to www.ultimatenurse.com on there...heck, I was hoping for a prominent banner ...

Trying to be objective though, I'd say it's really informative and helpful, but somewhat difficult to read due to the background color.

Overall: Good job, I like it!

Haha! You are funny! I am really going to put one on there. I started the links section before I found Utlimate Nurse, about a year ago. I haven't added anything to it then. As I said, it is a work in progress...but I'll put a link on there for you tonight!
    You have to fill out a profile for me though!!! :-) Just kidding. I understand if you don't have time. To see an example of the profiles, I have one of a nursing student completed. Here is a link to it:
    http://www.angelfire.com/fl5/studentnurse/bryanG.html

Of course, the questions are different for practicing Nurses, but the format will be the same.

Member Extraordinaire

pretty good site with lots of good general information the background does make it a little hard to read as stated above. I didn't know anything what I was getting into when I started my nursing program so something like this would have been a good starting place. You might have it on there and I skimmed over it but something about a bridge program from ADN to BSN or a 2+2 adn/bsn program where you take the NCLEX after 2 years and continute at the same school for the BSN. Then bridges to MSN.

Thanks Cassio! I will add something like that to there. I really appreciate your input. I'll change the background today, since both you and Aaron mentioned it was hard to read.
    By the way "Shortbus" I put the link on there, you can check and see! :-)

Very informative, easy to understand.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][U][B]Marie[/B][/U], RN in O.R, pursuing BSN, semester [U]?[/U] of [U]?[/U]:)[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][B]Supposedly 8 out of 10 people suffer from hemorrhoids. Does that mean that the other 2 people [I]enjoy[/I] them???:confused:[/B][/FONT]
    [B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][/FONT][/B]
    [B][FONT=Comic Sans MS]My little peapod has arrived :).[/FONT][/B]