Thread: Thinking about traveling. Any advice?

Thinking about traveling. Any advice?

Hi! My name is Shannon, I have been an ICU nurse for 3 years and have recently began thinking about travel nursing. I am married with no children and we think this would be a great opportunity to see the country. My husband would be traveling with me. I have so many questions, I really don't know where to begin. Is it going to be harder for me to find a company because of my spouse? Are most of the hospitals and staff receptive to travel nurses? What are the down falls I should be aware of. Any advice good and bad will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

my advice to you is have fun. go on this website and look at travel company reviews to find a company. look for the ones that are rated better or that have few complaints. i am with rn network and like them. they are all over the us. most places are traveler friendly. when you hear that song "i've from phoenix az all the way to tacoma phillidelphia atlanta la" you can live it!!!! i did wine country to include napa, phoenix and san fran next assignmet is???? i am hoping that the inner banks of nc call for the autumn. be sure to do that assignment during summer and go to the outer banks.

Re: Thinking about traveling. Any advice?

Hi! My wife and I Travel and it's great just learn the ins and outs on this forums and check out my site www.TravelNurseToolbox.com with a free online book and lots of links.I use the Travel NurseCompany review tool here myself. Let me know after reading if you have any specific questions and I'll try my best to answer.

CJ

www.TravelNurseToolbox.com

Re: Thinking about traveling. Any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by scollins
    Is it going to be harder for me to find a company because of my spouse?
    As far as I know it shouldn't be a problem if your husband is traveling with you (some travel agencies specifically emphasize that you can take your family and pets with you).