Thread: First Distance LPN to BSN Degree Program Available

First Distance LPN to BSN Degree Program Available

Indiana State University has developed the nation’s first and only baccalaureate degree program for licensed practical nurses (LPNs) that can be completed entirely through distance learning.

Indiana State University is working exclusively with The College Network to implement this program. The College Network is partnering with Medi-Smart.com to present this exciting new education option to LPNs nationwide.

Visit Medi-Smart.com to read the complete article, or visit The College Network's web site for free no obligation information about online nursing degree programs.

Re: First Distance LPN to BSN Degree Program Available

Quote Originally Posted by medi View Post
    Indiana State University has developed the nation’s first and only baccalaureate degree program for licensed practical nurses (LPNs) that can be completed entirely through distance learning.

Indiana State University is working exclusively with The College Network to implement this program. The College Network is partnering with Medi-Smart.com to present this exciting new education option to LPNs nationwide.

Visit Medi-Smart.com to read the complete article, or visit The College Network's web site for free no obligation information about online nursing degree programs.
    I know this is a very old post but I am going to reply anyway. I went to Indiana State University's web site this week and the official school they list as their partner is Ivy tech. A large Community College in Indiana. They do not recommend The College Network anymore. Ivy Tech has a program that is designed just for people wanting to transition to Indiana Sate University/

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

We don't mind if you post to an old thread at all! Others may welcome the :nurse-bump:.

Exclamation Re: First Distance LPN to BSN Degree Program Available

What?!! No more College Network ripoff? Heavens no!! Wonder why I don't feel relief. I made the decision to forgo ISU when they refused to give me info or talk to me and insisted on pawning me off on TCN.

Quote Originally Posted by Lvnguy View Post
    I know this is a very old post but I am going to reply anyway. I went to Indiana State University's web site this week and the official school they list as their partner is Ivy tech. A large Community College in Indiana. They do not recommend The College Network anymore. Ivy Tech has a program that is designed just for people wanting to transition to Indiana Sate University/
    Dear Lvnguy,

Indiana State University does offer Ivy Tech as an option for completing the Phase 1 general education requirements.

Also, The College Network is partnered with ISU. We produce the Phase 2 CSMs for the LPN to BSN program. And yes, we are on their web site. Feel free to check it out at Indiana State University: L.P.N. to B.S. Program--Phase I Options.

Sincerely,
    Rick
    The College Network

I wish I would have known about this site before I signed up with TCN 2 years ago. Since I have signed up I have only passed two tests. It took me 4 months to study for one and I completely bombed on it. I know I am a smart person and have never failed any test not even in LVN school. I am so disappointed and so frustrated. I can't afford to pay double for everything and I really needed this. I have been a LVN for 15years and doing a RN job for 12 just not getting paid for it. I have so lost the motivation to keep going even though my husband and kids push me all the time but they do not understand how it feels to study so hard for something, pay that much money for a test and then bomb on it. I really wish I would have went directly through Excelsior's program then maybe I would have been finished by now.