Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RN Network...our spotlight company!!!!

RN Network...our spotlight company!!!!

Founded by the same people who helped pioneer the travel nurse industry in the 1970s, RN Network understands traveling nurses’ needs as well as the professional staffing needs of the many hundreds of healthcare providers they service. By placing their nurses’ career goals, lifestyle requirements and financial objectives first, RN Network has developed long-term relationships with over seventy-five percent of all nurses who travel with them, one of the highest retention rates in the industry. With RN Network, you’ll receive personalized, caring, one-on-one attention, some of the industry’s most attractive benefits, and opportunities nationwide.

800-866-0407
    rnnetwork@chgcompanies.com
    Click for RN NETWORK Home Page

Re: RN Network...our spotlight company!!!!

Well... I have to give three cheers to RNN, I've heard nothing but good things about their service.

I met someone the other day at my facility that had been a traveller for many years, and she found her way to Fla. through RNN. I'm glad she shared this with me, 'cause I'm always looking for feedback about our spotlight companies.

I wanted to get some info from your company.....Why do I have to fill out an application and submit HepB status, references etc before I can even talk to someone about your company??? I filled out the application but when I got to the part about the Hep B and references (and calling my employer!!!) I stopped. I think that is a bit much before even talking to someone. I am interested enough about you to want to know more, you send me your references and Hep B status and maybe we can talk

I am in the middle of my 2nd assignment with RNN, and I have no real complaints. My first assignment was in Fl. Hospital was ok, but the 2 br fully furnished apt. and proximity to great beaches made up for the hospital conditions and mediocre pay. I am now is Maine. Pay is much better. I have learned to completely research an area you are interested in before agreeing to anything. If you do not, its no one's fault but your own. Also, I believe having more than one company is beneficial. Your recruiter works much harder for you if there is competition.

Hello! I'm new here at Ultimate Nurses, just registered today. Presently, I work in a small navy hospital on the NW coast of Florida. I'm getting restless, though, and considering travel nursing. RNNetwork looked good on their website and I am glad to see the positive comments here.

Anyway, I wanted to ask from the travelers: if you own a home, do you rent it or close it up or have family stay in it while you're traveling? Also, do any of you take a pet (I have 1 cat, very docile & doesn't make messes!).

I've been an RN for over 24 years now, most of that time in L&D/mother-baby and will be looking for positions in that area. How do you feel your relationship with the medical staff in your assigned hospitals has been? I do have a fear of working in civilian facilities again; :mad: have had very bad experiences in the past but hoping that since assignments will be only 13 weeks it will not be too bad!

Thanks for your time & good luck to all of you in your endeavors!

Kate C.

I have now worked for RN Network for close to ten years. I used to sing their praises high, even with a few relatively sticky situations. However, they were acquired by CHG (a much larger company) in early 2004.

Since that time, I have felt a gradual change in some of the customer service I used to value very highly. Now they have always been very good to me and have always corrected problems when they arose, but lately, there have been some miscommunications that have started me looking at a possible change in my travel company.

They have good benefits that compare with the rest of the big name companies and have always done pretty well on my housing (what I consider an important issue). But with their growth, some times the left hand doesn't always know what the right hand is doing.

I have had small communication issues with them on my current assignment, but was pretty pissed when I didn't get paid two weeks ago. My hospital uses time clocks, so I have no way of faxing a time sheet to RN Network. When I called payroll, they said "We tried to call the hospital, but they didn't return our call". I kept waiting for her to say something like, we tried again a day later or we tried reaching you to let you know, but nothing else was said.

After I mentioned that I had always received a call previously when they didn't have my timesheet, she apoogized and said that I should have been contacted.

About a half hour later she rang me back saying she did get a hold of the hospital, they faxed the info right over, and that it would be processed for payment on Monday.

Again, they are good about correcting things that go wrong, but in my opinion, this one was something that should not have happened. I will now be calling every two weeks to make sure they get my timesheet for fear of not being contacted if the hospital doesn't send the paperwork. Not something I should have to worry about.

Otherwise, I still believe they are a good company and that the good has still outweighed the bad. I also have a wonderful recruiter there and that has kept me from looking elsewhere. I would still recommend them, but they are starting to have some of the issues related to a LARGE travel company.

justatraveler

Traveler,

From one traveler to another. Your company profited by not
    "getting" your hours. They kept "YOUR" money in their pocket a few extra days and got interest on it. Don't be fooled.:firedup:

I would tell them this, "I want a time sheet, I will fill it out and [B]I [B]will be faxing it to you" I worked for one of their sister companies( notice my tense of verb) and I had a time sheet. I didn't wait for my super to sign it. I send it in on Sat or Mon and they have my hours.

I would insist on a paper time sheet, I still punch the clock now with my new company but I send in my own timesheet. I don't wait for the super to come in on Monday to sign and fax it.

Besides she doesn't fax it. The secretary does. The second week I was here the sec brought me my time sheet and the confirmation sheet of the fax. I didn't look at it closely initially. Later I happened to look at the confirmation and it said BUSY instead of OK. It hadn't gone anywhere.

Insist on a timesheet and see how great your company is then.:whipping:

Good luck

Talking Re: RN Network...our spotlight company!!!!

I have been traveling since 2001 and have always had a paper time sheet and punch in. If the employer wants a copy of my timesheet, I supply that immediately. No problem. I learned the hard way to take care of myself.:houra:

Quote Originally Posted by justatraveler View Post
    Traveler,

From one traveler to another. Your company profited by not
    "getting" your hours. They kept "YOUR" money in their pocket a few extra days and got interest on it. Don't be fooled.:firedup:

I would tell them this, "I want a time sheet, I will fill it out and [b]I [b]will be faxing it to you" I worked for one of their sister companies( notice my tense of verb) and I had a time sheet. I didn't wait for my super to sign it. I send it in on Sat or Mon and they have my hours.

I would insist on a paper time sheet, I still punch the clock now with my new company but I send in my own timesheet. I don't wait for the super to come in on Monday to sign and fax it.

Besides she doesn't fax it. The secretary does. The second week I was here the sec brought me my time sheet and the confirmation sheet of the fax. I didn't look at it closely initially. Later I happened to look at the confirmation and it said BUSY instead of OK. It hadn't gone anywhere.

Insist on a timesheet and see how great your company is then.:whipping:

Good luck
    I think you're being a bit unrealistic and paranoid on this. If you think the company is going to hold out paying you for two or three days to earn interest on your money you are flat out wrong. Even as big a company as they are, if they held out every employee's time for three days, and did that EVERY two weeks, the interest earned on it is still not even close to worth the trouble. There's just no way.

And if they don't get it on time, because the secretary doesn't fax it like she's supposed to, or because you tried to fax it but it didn't send, then it isn't their fault, and you can't hold it against them for that.

Just my two cents.

justatraveler

Quote Originally Posted by shortbus View Post
    I think you're being a bit unrealistic and paranoid on this. If you think the company is going to hold out paying you for two or three days to earn interest on your money you are flat out wrong. Even as big a company as they are, if they held out every employee's time for three days, and did that EVERY two weeks, the interest earned on it is still not even close to worth the trouble. There's just no way.

And if they don't get it on time, because the secretary doesn't fax it like she's supposed to, or because you tried to fax it but it didn't send, then it isn't their fault, and you can't hold it against them for that.

Just my two cents.
    Don't even suggest that they held the OP's pay by MISTAKE. The way travel nurse companies nickel and dime their travelers is a known fact amongst us long time travelers. And a penny saved is a penny earned.

I didn't say that it was the travel company's fault that they didn't get a time sheet when the client didn't fax it appropriately. What I said was that the OP should insist on having a time sheet to fax on his own. Why do you suppose a travel company wouldn't allow a nurse to have a timesheet. Maybe so they could miss a few scheduled pay days...

Just my humble experience of 5 years BTW.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast