Thread: does anybody know

does anybody know

hey was wondering if anyone know about college-net. It is an online program for lvn to adn. does anyone have any experience with it to know the pros and cons of it. i heard it was only $6,000 and go at your own pace. does anyone know anyone that have completed it or tried it?

Re: does anybody know

The College Network is a business that does two things --
    1. It sells self-study materials that get you through a lot of the pre-major pre-requisites (think English 101, History, etc.) so that you can launch into your major (in this case, Nursing) with that stuff behind you. Their prices were about $415 per course and a usual purchase is 10 courses or roughly $4K to $5K.
    2. They have developed a consortium of colleges & universities with on-line curricula for many endeavors including nursing (Excelsior College is their BSN program). These arrangements for degree completion are made completely between the learner and the school however, College Network counselors will assist you to select the college most suited to your needs & interests.

I worked with them a year or so ago when I was employed by a Trade Association and we promoted the College Network as a member benefit -- we also made scholarships available to our members who made use of their coursework.

Hope that helps.