Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Out There Doing College Network - Lpn To Rn Asn?

Re: Anyone Out There Doing College Network - Lpn To Rn Asn?

I would have to disagree with what you said about me, which is kinda personal and so untrue. And you don't even know me. But I understand. I want you to know that I did not put a positive spin to this because this is how I make a living. I did so because how else can you motivate others to just keep going? But even if I were to stick to your premise - I guess all motivational speakers out there - Tony Robbins, Bob Proctor, Jack Canfield , etc - these individuals whose efforts and words have inspired thousands - they are just doing it to make money, right? I don't claim to be like them - but I do aspire to. I hope that each time I meet with someone, I would at least have inspired them to just keep going. Be it with TCN, or not.

Anyway, I am not discounting your experience. I can only imagine how frustrated you are. I hope you will not stop going for your RN degree. There are still options available.

I did not intend to put you down. I'm just describing my experience and the sort of responses I have received from TCN and Excelsior. I'm past frustration. There was plenty of that during the program. Whether TCN didn't tell me about a course I had to take or Excelsior was raising their prices yet again, there was often a reason to be frustrated. But I pressed on and continued to have hope. I made excellent grades in LPN school and was often told I should be a RN. I had good evaluations at work. So I had confidence in my abilty and I definitely had the desire to be a RN. But there were always obstacles, and they were put up by the very people who had promised to help me and who were happily taking my money. I was failed for a bogus reason, and because I have a disability, which was met with disgust by Excelsior College instructors, who treated me differently. So I pretty much don't have any hope, and I wish I had never done this program. It cost me a lot of money, and it took my dream away. If I were standing before God right now I could say with confidence that I did everything possible, and that I am a good nurse, and that I was mistreated because I have a disability.

Cool Re: Anyone Out There Doing College Network - Lpn To Rn Asn?

Hi all,
    I am also an lpn enrolled with Excelsior studying for my rn. I need some very much needed advice about buying books. I am presently using the ones recommended from the college, but would like to buy something a bit more condensed that will prepare me for the tests. Using the books that Excelsior college recommends does prepare you well for the tests, but there is a tremendous amount of reading to do. I am hoping to find books from some other sources:confused:, such as the college network thats a bit more condensed but I fear that they may not prepare me enough for the tests. I have yet to see anyone state that they have passed a nursing concept using books from other sources other than what Excelsior recommends. Has anyone easily passed a test using other material? Please help! I am getting little sleep trying to finish nsg. concepts 3.

I just got my LPN license & am realizing there isn't too much out there for LPNs anymore. I want to go back to get my RN but I want to stay away from the College Network. Any advice on how to do that?

Smile Re: Anyone Out There Doing College Network - Lpn To Rn Asn?

I signed up with TCN 2 years ago, but working full time plus (60-80 hours a week) I didn't take the time I needed to get serious about the program.

I did work with 4 agency nurses in Louisville, KY (I moved back to IL this past summer) who were graduates of Excelsior and went throught the TCN. They all recommended it, but stressed the importance of asking for help and being self motivated. One of the girls didn't pass one of the tests the first time, but said that they were very helpful in preparing her to retake the exam. All said the clinical was 'ok.' One of the girls did the study clinic thing for the clinical and said although it was expensive, she knew [U]exactly[U] what they were looking for. One of the girls also didn't pass the clinical the first time...she said she didn't put the bed down the whole way and didn't time, date and initial a dressing and used an abbreviation she shouldn't have...simple things, but she said she was pretty nervous.

Is there anyone in the DeKalb area that would like to study??? I am registered before September 2007, so I am in the program where I only have 7 classes.

Re: Anyone Out There Doing College Network - Lpn To BSN program

Does anyone have any feedback on the LPN -BSN program with ISU

Hi!!! I signed up for the College Network a year ago. I am in Sociology and my book has become a dust collector.

I signed up for this site in hopes to get some encouragement from other users that are going through the college network as I am. If you already did Sociology, what are the tests like? I just don't know how i'm supposed to be expected to memorize the whole book and go take the exam and pass.

Pammyjo:nurse-hang:

Quote Originally Posted by pammyjo66 View Post
    Hi!!! I signed up for the College Network a year ago. I am in Sociology and my book has become a dust collector.

I signed up for this site in hopes to get some encouragement from other users that are going through the college network as I am. If you already did Sociology, what are the tests like? I just don't know how i'm supposed to be expected to memorize the whole book and go take the exam and pass.

Pammyjo:nurse-hang:
    Hi Pamela,

Sociology can be a difficult subject. It's probably the smallest module you have, but also the one that will require the most memorization. I've heard from other TCN customers that it is important to be able to identify the theorists and their theories. I'll have someone from our Customer Care Unit contact you to and see if they can help with some insight as to how you should approach this exam. If you need anything in the meantime, please call Academic Support.

Sincerely,

Rick
    The College Network

I am doing life span development now as well and I am having a rough time with the material. Idont know where to begin myself. I was trying to see if I could find the course on audio. I think that would help a lot other than readig all the time. If u got any good pointers I would love to hear about them. I am also not feeling so confident about the program because of all the negative feedbacks. Good luck

Red face Re: Anyone Out There Doing College Network - Lpn To BSN program

Quote Originally Posted by Shedydee View Post
    Does anyone have any feedback on the LPN -BSN program with ISU
    Have seen where some people are pleased with the program whereas others have had to quit because they were unable to get preceptors and sites for their clinical experience.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast