Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone Out There Doing College Network - Lpn To Rn Asn?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thumbs up Anyone Out There Doing College Network - Lpn To Rn Asn?

HEY EVERYONE,
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

IS ANYONE OUT THERE TAKING MICRO? DO YOU FIND IT HARD, OR DID YOU IF YOU HAVE TAKEN IT? IT HAS 41 CHAPTERS, AND I NEED ENCOURAGEMENT TO GET THRU IT.

LOVE TO HEAR FROM SOMEONE OUT THERE THAT IS IN THE COLLEGE NETWORK.

EMAIL SOON
    RMCCORMICK:eek: :eek:

Re: Anyone Out There Doing College Network - Lpn To Rn Asn?

I signed up for the College Network about 3 years ago with a friend of mine. Not one of us touched a book . I have about 15 books collecting dust. I really wish I can get into it but I don't find it "easy reading" like they said. I started Sociology & read about 1/2 chapter about a year & a half ago. I really should get into it. How are you doing with it?
    -Jen
    If you have any ideas on how I can get myself going, I would be really happy to hear them.

Smile Re: Anyone Out There Doing College Network - Lpn To Rn Asn?

What is the College Network?? Is it and online program. How much is it (if you dont mind me asking). I am going to a vocational school to get my LVN right now and....wow...its expensive $26000+ for one year. I have taken micro. The only adivice I can give to you is stay up on the reading. It was not one of the easiest classes I have taken, but you can get through it. It was as difficult to me as physiolgy was. Let me know if you have any questions I did end up passing it with a lot of work. Does it have a lab with it? Its actually a very interesting class...kinda scary some of the things that they talk about. GOOD LUCK!!
    Ashley

rmccormick, I just looked into the college network. I am an lpn, but I also have my BS from another area. So, you had to only take a few courses to get your RN? I was told by a perspective employer I should take a refresher course inLPN. I might as well get my BSN, it will probably take the same amount of time, am I right in my thinking? It will definitely cost more though. I have been a stay at home mom for the last 8 years, and am thinking of getting back into nursing soon, and trying to do my best option. Please respond your advice. Thanks so much, amy

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Anne View Post
    What is the College Network?? Is it and online program. How much is it (if you dont mind me asking). I am going to a vocational school to get my LVN right now and....wow...its expensive $26000+ for one year. I have taken micro. The only adivice I can give to you is stay up on the reading. It was not one of the easiest classes I have taken, but you can get through it. It was as difficult to me as physiolgy was. Let me know if you have any questions I did end up passing it with a lot of work. Does it have a lab with it? Its actually a very interesting class...kinda scary some of the things that they talk about. GOOD LUCK!!
    Ashley Anne,

I know it's been quite awhile, but are you saying that it cost you 26,000 dollars to go to LPN school?

That can't be right.

It should be more like 2,600.

Yes $26000 for 12mo...Its absolutly ridiculous!
    Ashley

Dear Amylpn,
    I Would Have Taken The Lpn To Bsn But, I Wanted To Get My Assoc. First , Work Make Some Money And Then Take The Rest. With College Network, It Would Take Me 1 Yr To Get My Assoc. And Then Go Back And Get My Batcholors Degree - Taking Me 1 Yr. Then My Masters Taking Me Additional 1 Yr. If I Didnt Need To Get Ahead In My Current Job, So Many Opportunites For Rns Out There, Then I Would Have Gone On.

But If You Can Do It, I Would. There Is Much Discipline In Studing, You Ask My Husband. I Study About 2-3 Hours Everynight.

Email Back If Any More Questions, Or If You Happen To Get Started With It..would Be Curious On How Long They Say It Would Take You.

Robin

I just recently signed up for college network few weeks ago. I am currently working full time and going to school at my local community college but as soon as I am done with this semester, i will start doing the college network study modules. does anyone out there have a success doing this lvn to bsn course via ISU? i want to know so at least i have inspiration. i have seconds thought sometimes wether i want to get my rn undergraduate level through community college or lvn to bsn through college network/idiana state university (ISU). please, i need some advice!!!

Hi. I'm new to this site. I'm interested to see how everyone who's posted and using the College network is comming along since the begining of this thread? I am waiting for my books. I've been an LPN for 27 years. They tell me my college credits from over the last 20 some-odd years will transfer. I have to take A&P 1 and 2 and micro though. I'm kindo of nerdy and love to read so I hope I can pull this off. Please tell me how you all are making out with the program 4 months later?
    Thanks,
    Debbie

i met with a rep today, im in california and they no longer will accept asn. im currently thru excelsiors and doing grat im seriously wanting to do it. is it working and is it ok in california???

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast