I am a fairly young Canadian RN. I graduated in 2005, and immediately got a job on a telemetry/CCU unit. I was starting to burn out only within a few months of working! Then, six months into my first nursing job, I received a job offer to work in Public Health. The Public Health sector in Ontario is very good...low stress, lots of variety, great pay, excellent benefits....basically, I couldnt' pass off the offer. So anyways, I decided to work full-time in Public Health, and on a casual basis at the hospital - as a way of keeping my skills. Altho I like the health promotion aspects of my job - I still miss the clinical setting. However, I don't know if I have it in me to go back to the hospital full-time...too stressful! And I know I don't want to stay in Public Health forever.

I have already taken and passed my NCLEX - I did this to increase my opportunity..tho I dont know at this point if I'll be heading south:S And, I am currently doing a Diabetes Educator Program hoping that it will take me back to a clinical, but less stressful, setting.

I guess my reason for this posting is to get some advice. I am quite confused as to what I want to do. I feel like I'm just doing things just to do them...I lack direction though. What I love about nursing as the limitless opportunities...now it's jsut a matter of picking one.

Does anybody have any suggestions for me? Or...what are other people specializing in or doing? I need ideas...inspiration...direction:S